Sign in to follow this  
20valver

What BHP do I declare?

Just about to purchase a G60 with chip and pulley.

So when I get that question from the insurance guy....'What mods has it had?' they basically want to know the BHP increase over standard.

So do I tell em' the BHP at the Wheels

or the flywheel????

Also was the standard G60's 160BHP at the wheels? and the chip and pulley, exhaust and filter take it to 190's at the wheels??

I confused.... :?

bout 158 at the flywheel a std g60. probly around 130 at the wheels.

expect 160-180 at the whhels id say. dyno on a hot day n youll probly see std power figures but on the road...

I'm pretty sure it would be on the flywheel, since that's always the number that manufacturers quote...

I think the insurance company will do it on a percentage increase rather than the actual numbers... (let's face it, when have two rolling roads ever agreed?) there's so many factors to consider, an actual number is too restricting... If they wanted to, the insurance company could probably shaft you with a specifc bhp number...

At least that's what it says on my insurance certificate (modified exhaust up to 10% increase in power*)

*manufacturers claim, like it actually made that much difference :lol:

still it does give me some room to play with... :mrgreen:

At the risk of sounding a little holier than thou, honesty is always the best policy when it comes to insurance, give them an 'out' and they'll take it! :shock:

DtM.

Yeh it's as I thought....

I think in declaring all the mods its prob around a 20% increase so I'll see what they say to that.

Cheers for clearing things up for me.....