Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

PAS has gone somewhere..NEW QUESTION.

Bonjour

Whilst taking my car out to check the boost levels just now the power steering decided it doesnt want to work anymore.....the fluid level is fine, and i cant see any snapped belts.....ive noticed a bit of a squeal at full lock on both sides since ive had it (( a couple of weeks )) but nothing too loud....am i right to assume that my belt has slackened?....would this happen half way through a drive?..

cheers

Could do if the adjusting bolt fell out? No/not enough tension on the belt no turn on the pump = no assistance.

Often get the same sensation running through puddles, a splash of water allows the belt to slip briefly and the steering goes heavy.

Check the belt is tight enough.

Gavin

cheers gav.

for £5 i think im gonna change the belt anyway....hope it sorts it.

just ordered mine from VAG.. :wink:

nice one, gsf have the wrong ones too, they dont stock the proper one for the G60, i got mine matched up at a Gates dealer,,

ive recently lost all faith in GSF, i think you need to know which parts are worth buying from them and which parts arent....it seems pretty hit and miss...i cant afford to keep risking putting their parts on my car....its a bit of a flase economy.

r....its a bit of a flase economy.

Exactly right mate - I put one of their radiators in, the fins are so thin on it that I cut my hands to shreds, they're like razorblades. Gonna put a VAG one back in there when it (inevitably) starts leaking.

ok.....does anyone know if there's a difference between the PAS pump on a g60 and the pump on a 90 16v?.....please??