Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Re-trimming heated leather seats - advice please...

Picking up a set of heated leather seats at the weekend (from a 94 VR6 I believe), and was wanting to get them re-trimmed. Just spoken with Dave at DB Cartrim and he mentioned that some seats have the heating element in the fabric trim itself, but he didn't know if the Corrado's were like this. Does anyone know if this is the case, or is the heating element in the foam and not the trim?? Thanks, guys....

The heating element sits on the foam under the upholstery, be it cloth or leather. Retrim should cause no problems, assuming the chap is careful!!

Thanks guys, that's very helpful and put my mind to rest (and hopefully Daves at DB as well)... Black leather and grey alcantara here I come

Are you getting the whole lot done? ie doorcards etc? What's the wallet damage like for leather and alcantara, I'd like similiar myself!

Just getting the 2 front seats done. The rear seats are virtually unused, and VW have done a good job on the doorcards, anyway. Trying to keep a black/grey theme running through the car. I was quoted a figure of around £450 for the front seats. Hope that helps...

Cheers that gives me a better idea of costs, I'm in 2 minds, I'd like the whole lot done but the rears aren't too bad, door cards could do with some attention, though I'd like the later style anyhow. Have to wait and see I guess, thanks once again.

You can remove the heating element separately on the Corrado seats - http://www.the-corrado.net/how-to/index ... tails&id=3

That link isn't working so well... is that how-to still available?

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'corrado_dinkus@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/corrado/public_html/how-to/db_connect.inc.php on line 2