Sign in to follow this  
sefton

SUPERSPORT COILOVERS?

i got um, i like um.

think ive posted about this before. just the wheel ofset and lowering it issues with the back end

Were in Manchester are you from?

How much did you pay for them?

Were did you get them?

How low have you gone?

Thanks

Sefton.

Im in oldham

got um from venom

got um next day

paid bout 464

dunno exact drops. splitter catches a lot on speed bumps n that

was on 17" rims. from lowered ok, rear not at all due to wheel ofset.

the platform would hit the tyre. was running 7.5 rims with bout 37 offset. needed pushing out with 10-15mm spacers or a better offset.

got rid of those now. runnnig std rims at mo so was able to drop it properly. think i have 23.5" front and 24" rear from the ground to centre of arch. Tried to get bonrath blue mounts but they are rocking horse doodah. got uprated rubber instead from GCC

with 17" wheels and bnasically std ride height(lower at front) the car handled as good as any FWD car i have driven (except my scirocco). on the std wheels with pretty poor winter tyres it is more front end slidy instead of the grip and neutral/oversteer of the 17". Soaks up our crap roads good too. If you wanna have a quick spin somtime to give it a feel ill take you out. the soggy 100k std stuff made lots more noise than this.

get some poly rear top mount bushes too. they r cheap as Mk1 and Mk2(us) are the same at the back

one warning. if you are replacing the original stuff like i did. get 4 new bolts for the front n cut the old ones off.

Thanks!

I've just bought some wheels! should get them this weekend!

I've bought some Brock B2 with polished rim :front:7.5x16 offset:35. rear:7.5x16 offset:25

I'm just undecided about coilover etc? I was thinking of Koni damperners and Eibach spring!???

The Koni dampers with Eibach springs combination is very popular with corrado owners.

I've recently fitted Koni coilovers and initially found them just a little bit harsh at the back (should have expected this I suppose). I expected the coilovers to range from original settings to sport settings which they don't. There is a good adjustment range but, it ranges from sport to almost solid.

One point I should make, the ride comfort does not change with rasing and lowering the car. However the road holding improves significiantly the lower you set the car.

All things considered, I'm very happy with them and would score them 8/10

One point to remember is that the Supersport coilovers are height-adj only and don't have damping adj - although they do have 30% stiffer dampers than standard.

Prob not a big issue unless you do a lot of track days and like to play with different damping settings! 8)

HTH

hi my first post. :lol: i have supersports and they good. I had them on my old bbs 15 droped to the max about 2cm from the ground :mrgreen: which was cool but the ride was unbelivebly harsh like there were no springs at all, but was fun getting all kinda looks from ppl. I have a pic somewhere i think, after all the body mods and my 17 i took them up and they seem smother but harder than konis, i bught them off venom. The cars handling completly changed after i fitted 17" 215 and the coilovers, although at high speeds the car seems a big rough and sometimes is harder to keep it under control if traveling fast over rough roads. Roundbouts are so much fun and is really easy to keep the car under controll even when sliding on a sharp turn or roundbout. I seem to get some more rattling off my interior nowdays and is due to the coilovers, i got used to them but when other ppl get in the car is noticable, specialy girls as i always scare them when they get in the car :evil: cuz the car actually feel faster than you driving lol but is great fun, one of my best mods yet along wiht the bodywork. :D

i think you're driving the wrong girls LowG. when i met my girl i took her down my favourite backroad by my house at 190km. when i looked over at her and saw a grin from ear to ear, i knew she was a keeper!! :D (and at that speed a corrado feels more like 220-230km)

anyone have any experience with AVO coilovers? i've heard they're stiff but they drop the car right down to the ground.

is there a coilover that offers a comfortable smooth ride up high and a stiff ride down low? :shock:

Probably the best decision to go with the coilovers

I got a local garage to fit my old lowering springs & shocks, costing me £75. When I got my Koni coilovers I decided to try and fit them myself. Turned out to be easy enough (no special tools required), fitted them in about 3hrs and saved myself £75.

NB. You'll need to get your four wheels re-aligned after you've fitted the fk's

Hope all goes well....

i think you're driving the wrong girls LowG. when i met my girl i took her down my favourite backroad by my house at 190km. when i looked over at her and saw a grin from ear to ear, i knew she was a keeper!! :D (and at that speed a corrado feels more like 220-230km)

Lol what makes you think i dont drive 120mph down my area with bunch of girls in my car :lol: Driving fast is not good but you do what i say not what i do!!

*edit*

fixed your broken quote! :) --jims16v

hehe. i just told her "i'm a pro".. i was the vw/audi dealership courtesy driver at the time :lol:

l.