Sign in to follow this  
olly elworthy

doing my clutch this weekend

got a new LUK vr6 clutch for my rrado G60 this week, + the tube the thrust bearing runs along,,,

plan to change over the weekend, I have changed countless O2O transmission clutches (can do one of those in and out in 2 hrs)

but this is my first one with an O2A gearbox, so if anyone could lay down any pointers, etc that would be excellent, should make for a smooth and easy job,

as I dont wanna be going in taking off parts i dont need to etc or struggling around parts i should of taken off in the first place,

Any pointers will be greatfully recieved, :D

it's pretty much the same as the 020 box.... are you doing this on a proper set of ramps, or on axlestands on a drive? Lifting the diff up to clear the rear of the engine's a real git to do on axlestands, but it IS do-able... 8)

Major differences are to make sure you mark up the position of the gear change cables so you can put 'em back where they came from and to remove the clutch slave cylinder.... other than that, it's pretty much identical procedure (including the amount of swearing... ;) :lol: )

Oh, and don't forget to take off the inspection plates on the bottom of the gearbox bellhousing to engine join... ;) :oops: :lol:

Good luck!

cheers for that i have all the gear so should be ok,

as for the shift cables i was going to pop them off the circlips where they join onto the selectors so i dont have to adjust or is this the wrong way to go about it?

also should i need to re adjust the cables afterwards do you have any tips for this?

I normally mark the positions with tip-ex and take the bolts out which hold the cable ends to the selector mechanism, I also remove the bracket which holds the cables onto the gearbox as well so that they're completly free of the box, but don't move in relation to the bracket so when you bolt it all back together again it should be as it was before... 8)