Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Car wouldnt start??

Ive had a look around seems ok.. althought will check again..

noticed battery voltage dropping on volt gauge when any electrical things are on in car.. thinking to replace battery as it looks as old as the car!!

any ideas??

Have had this problem for ages in the summer only.....Hot engine and hot ambient temperature. Just a quiet click when turning the key. Have put an avo on the exciter lead and get 12v. New starter wasn't the cure. Have to park on a slope now to gently nudge the engine while trying to start it. Works every time so I am assuming something is warping with the heat in the starter area. Leave it to cool down and it eventually turns. Grrrrr

cheers for the reply mate.. yeap thats what Im getting too.. parked the car on a slope this morning, went to start it at lunch & all it did is click.. then make a funny noise.. it eventually started! its facking annoying me now gggrrrr!!

this is happening on mine aswell lol

figured it would be a hot start prob as it starts fine in the morning

quick smack of the starter with a heavy screwdriver in the boot and usually starts again.

mines irritating the shit out of mine as its an everyday car at the moment till my rover runabout arrives tomorrow :lol:

So Im not the only the one.. thing is the last 2 summers its been fine up until now.. anyone got any ideas??

I made a push button start but it burnt out the switch!

right.. new one.. I just went outside to get something out for car the car.. the keyfob wouldnt unlock the car looked towards the front & the facking headlights are on, I never even switched them on!??

anyway looks like the batterys gone dead... thing is how?? i was only driving it lastnight & moved it this morning to work on mates car..... whats the fack made the lights turn on & the battery to go dead? I had to climb in through the boot as I have no locks on handles..

Ive left the battery disconected for now as everythime i concect it the headlights switch back on!

pls somene help otherwise Im setting fire to the facking thing!

the headlights being on might be the uprated loom my cheap ne did that mate they just came on of their own accord! i know you have one of gavins but you never know! there might have been a short circuit that has drained the battery?

I had to climb in through the boot as I have no locks on handles..

bet that was funny!

Hey bill, Yeah had to climb in through the boot before LOL

you could be right... its happened before.. but the last loom set alight!! ive left it on the driveway for now.. & disconcted the battery.. as its raining.. I'll have a look 2mrw as I have other stuff to do..

cheers dude..

I had the same problem with the first loom on my 'rado and it turned out to be one the the relays that kept melting. I'm afraid I can't help with the rest, but good luck man.

Tom

mine is the same. i have to use the push button start all the time now, hasnt failed yet.

how did you make this push button start?

and how does it pass the stage of the starter motor sticking?

bally check the bulbs then work backwards, i'm sure the headlight loom can be disconnected from the main loom, see if you can borrow a headlight switch and try that first.

Cheers for the replies.. I charged up the battery etc.. headlight looms works fine, cars starts fine etc.. see how it goes...