Sign in to follow this  
Bournemouth James

avo coilovers

ive only had um for around 10 months. i run fairly low with 17" and run on probly the worst roads in england.

i remember going to inters and thinking that stuff would last 3 x as long down south. no where near the same potholes.

my mate has 1200 quid coilovers on his impreza and has a front one leaking too so goes to show about our roads.

ive only had um for around 10 months. i run fairly low with 17" and run on probly the worst roads in england.

i remember going to inters and thinking that stuff would last 3 x as long down south. no where near the same potholes.

my mate has 1200 quid coilovers on his impreza and has a front one leaking too so goes to show about our roads.

Agreed - my rear dampers have started leaking all due to the poor roads in the Manchester area - really is a joke....

next time you are on the road look at the patchwork state of the road. in my area you probly cannot drive a cars length without a change or break in surface. the pennine roads are the best i have around n they are good but eve thoses are getting rutted and potholed. maybe due to the colder climate up here causing freeze-thaw.

when you do get a good bit on a new road tis like a skid pan as soon as a few drops fall on it.

i'm just trying to work out your logic for saying that you heard bad reports about koni's coilover kit yet you have a FK kit that utilises koni dampeners

Cause i heard that the problem with the Koni kit was the springs. I like the dampers, Koni's are good kits and they probably suit the VR more than the 16v or G60, depends what it was designed around really. I love the ride my FK's Give me and i got a good deal on them at the time so i think I made the right choice for me. But i would definetly consider getting a Koni, set height, adjustable dampining kit for cats Polo or my MKI sometime in the future. it depends on how each kit weighs up (Quality, Warranty, price, Reputation, Ride etc..), its only their coilover kits i heard bad things about. If the peopole that use them are happy with them, great :thumbleft:

and where did i say that the spring is welded on, unless you know different

I was taking the mic... my point was that all suspension packages compromise of a spring and damper, all in one (though not in certain cars ), and the springs in all setups can be changed etc.. etc.. coilovers aren't special. Just handy.

brian's a bit short of being laurel

A bit!!! :shock: sometimes im glad im short... LOL. :lol:

GazzaG60, What kind of warranty do you get with them supersports? And how harsh are they over OE suspension? We have some really bumpy roads up here and after i had my engine mount replaced not long ago, i think i've taken another one out (though it could be a different one) but with twisty roads we have around about here. it would be rude not to drive it properly wouldn't it! :D:wink:

and where did i say that the spring is welded on, unless you know different

I was taking the mic... my point was that all suspension packages compromise of a spring and damper, all in one (though not in certain cars ), and the springs in all setups can be changed etc.. etc.. coilovers aren't special. Just handy.

really brian you taking the mic :? :lol: ...............and i never knew that coil-overs weren't special :roll: .......so thanks for that info :lol:

so when you going to explain engines to me next? :roll: :lol: LOL

supersports are ok. they are stiffer than standard and provide good handling. there are lots of bumpy roads around heree too but in general they handle um good. pretty sure they are TUV so think that would make a 5 yr warranty.

engine mounts do paly a big part too as does top mounts.

id get top mounts at the same time as suspension.

dont wind it down too far n yhoull be ok.

GazzaG60, I couldn't agree more... They are TUV and I'm really happy with the set I've got on mine... I did the top mounts while the suspension was all off (makes sense really while you've got it stripped anyway)

And yeah, it gets kinda bumpy when you drop 'em to -70mm! -30's lovely though and is better than I remember my old 16V being on standard suspension... :D

as far as i am aware the FK's use Koni dampers built to there spec, and then use there own springs. Had koni's on my Escrt turbo and thought they were good, but, when they went soft after 16 months it was £65 for a strut rebuild.

My mates run AVO coilovers on there golfs and jetta's and just had a front strut rebuit as it was leaky, avo got it tuesday he got it back thursday, £20 plus postage and vat, superb service no-one can beat.

As for me i want FK konigsport but need £800 first.

as far as i am aware the FK's use Koni dampers built to there spec, and then use there own springs. Had koni's on my Escrt turbo and thought they were good, but, when they went soft after 16 months it was £65 for a strut rebuild.

My mates run AVO coilovers on there golfs and jetta's and just had a front strut rebuit as it was leaky, avo got it tuesday he got it back thursday, £20 plus postage and vat, superb service no-one can beat.

As for me i want FK konigsport but need £800 first.

why did you get charged for a strut rebuild from koni?............where they not under lifetime warranty?...........strange as i've heard of them replacing a complete KONI coilover kit FOC just cos it had siezed after 3 years of use and couldn't be adjusted for height :?

also you should be able to pick up the FK konigsport kit for under £600........ask darren aka 8vG60 or also john aka 16vG60 for pricing both of these guys have contacts to get them for under the £600 mark :wink:

these guys have contacts to get them for under the £600 mark

I think thats Yaash motorsport in London. We goyt our Group Buy from there and i think thats who Darren mentions all the time.