Sign in to follow this  
PaulG40

Engine hesitating at full throttle

Hello, Ok I know this is a polo engine but my G40 is hesitating when at full throttle. Just wondering if anyone can help me out.

I can put about 75% boost on underload but as soon as it goes full boost it starts to hesitate only when under load i.e. in fifth at lower revs.

It seems fine whilst running in first second but then sometimes it sounds like it runs on three cylinders in third.

I have checked the ignition components and swapped them arund with my brothers car's and it has'nt solved it, I have a feeling it might either be the blue temperature sensor or the full throttle switch which surely it would'nt be fueling right at full throttle but then that would mean it would be pinking but then I have water injection and have retarded the igntion to try and stop it but still it does it. Man I am stuck.

I am going to try out the blue temp sensor and see what happens cna anyone think of anything else?

cheers

Check your knock sensor cable. If the rubber is perishing it may be sending false signals to the ecu. Always a good idea to change it.

Is this a recent problem? Does it happen if you progressively put your foot down?

Yeah just started last week and it's better if you progressivly put your foot down.

I have just been out and it's cutting out everytime it hits high revs so I am thinking either like you say knock sensor or fuel starvation.

Does your car have a WOT (wide open throttle) microswitch on the throttle body like the Corrado G60? The contacts get dirty, it can be sending an intermittent signal to the ECU. Hook up an ohmmeter and have a helper floor it with the car off. Use some contact cleaner if its filthy and see if that helps.

Skye