Sign in to follow this  
soother

Engine Dip in power

Hi there, I am hoping someone can help me with this problem.

I have a 1991 G60 raddo, when letting your foot of the accelerator pedal sharply the car dips at the front, which feels like the engine has a loss of power.

VW have no suggestions as to what may be causing this, I was hoping that someone out there may have some ideas about what is causing this and what i could do to stop this from happening, as it is really beggining to annoy me.

Thanks for your help.

hi...vilcom to zee forum.

when you say " the car dips at the front" ..do you mean it physically bounces???..or the revs dip??..if its the revs dipping id say it could be your isv ???

Thanks for answering, No the front of the car dips down when you totally let your foot of the accelorator.

It is like the total opposite of the front of the car picking up when you accelorate. Do you get what I mean?

weird...although...i wouldnt take it to VW if i were you...you're better off taking it to someone who knows about corrados....if its more than a few years old most of them havent got much of an idea or inclination to fix " older " cars :roll:

there is no where to take it in cornwall

tsr in bridgewater im going to the vdub audi track day at castle combe at the weekend i will ask a round there

check back on here mate..im sure someone with far more helpfull info will be along at some point... :D ...its not something ive heard of...only like i said..a sort of juddering you'd get from an engine mount..

iv had the juddreing one but that was when you accelarate and that was the engine mount its not like that it dips like your taping on the breaks

Hi mate, this sounds familiar as I've got the same symptoms on my valver, but haven't worked out what it is yet. Does yours slow when you lift off, and then slow a bit more after about half a second? (Sorry difficult to describe).

Cheers,

Tom

G-Max shocks and Eibach springs, but I've got an idea what it might be. I think the 'second stage' deceleration is what should happen when you lift off ie normal throttle retardation, but due to the cable not returning to where it should as quickly as it should in the first place you get this two stage effect.

Just a theory.

well jabba sport and stealth both think its the engine mount as the g60 one is shit they told me to get a late mk2 golf one as they go on and on and on