Sign in to follow this  
tonertron

Ipod placement solution

I thought, that people might be interested in how I have set up the ipod in the car. I dont have one of those new Alpine headunits that you can plug the ipod in, so I use an FM transmitter. It isnt a tidy solution, as the ipod and transmitter dont live in the car all of the time.

As you will see, I found that the case I had bought for the ipod slid onto the ashtray door, and as you will see, when it is closed, it does not put any strain on the door itself, which still looks flush as though there was nothing there. I also took a photograph to show that you arent impeaded by it when changing gear, the photo example is with the car in 1st.

I dont know if they changed the design of the ashtray for later models??

I hope that this has been useful to someone...........would be interested to see other peoples solutions.

Interesting alright.

I have an Iriver and I use a Belkin fm transmitter to play in the car. I just place down by the handbrake to the left or right and its pretty easy to scroll from there. I'll post pics when I get a chance!

I'd be interested in others ideas too!

Radio 4???? You only did that so nobody could see you had a Celine Dion Cd playing :)

No, I actually listen to Radio 4.........but really only on the way into work, and on the way home.......it gives me something interesting to think about while sat in traffic........I get frustrated if I have to drive slowly with my music on.......having said that......I dont listen to what most people would call fast music.....mostly chilled dance/jazz/funk/hip hop fusion type stuff.

I take umbridge at the suggestion I might like or even worse, listen, to Celine 'oh the horror' Dion!!! ;-)

how abt building a cover for the cubby hole where the transmitter is siting that way all the stuff can hide behind it and the ipod can sit in front,,,it would be nice and tidy but maybe a bit low for you.

could be done out of plastic and even easier out of some thin mdf and than trimmed in some fabric or leather...im sure it wouldnt take long and all u would need is common tools..... jus an idea im thinking of doing

What is the actual case that is holding your ipod? have been looking for a solution like this for ages...

What is the actual case that is holding your ipod? have been looking for a solution like this for ages...

It's a belkin one......cost me about £15.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductP ... _Id=156257

In addition, if people have a sony headunit that has an input for a cd changer, I found this yestereday..........plug ipod into this little thing, and then, into the cd changer socket link thing, the headunit will be able to access the ipod, and all its folders, and sound a great deal better than an fm transmitter.......esp. with the way that the Corrado has issues with radio reception quality.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product ... ts_id=4272

Just ordered one of the cases.

Wish i didn't have to use an fm transmitter but most other options are too expensive...