Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Thermal fuse or resistor pack

1. Can anyone tell me where i could find a thermal fuse with 184 degrees breaking point for my blower

2. If u cant successfully get above item can anyone tell me where i can get a resistor pak from for the blower

Hopefully i wotn have to go to VAG coz there lil fuse is £6 and £60 for the resistor and RS COMPONENTS dont do the 184 degree fuse anymore

All help is greatly appreciated as spent all day hunting for the smallest part ive ever needed

no good ive tried

maplins

RS

most car parts and electrical suppliers

184 degree fuse is the rare one i think

Well, you didn't try very hard:

RA19V Thermal Fuse 184C

79p from Maplins.

In stock too.

I ain't that way inclined, m8 - but no problem.

i was joking mate......HONEST :p take it u been here before with the fuse...if so do u think changing the fuse actually works or do u really have to change the whole resistor..Mine only works on 4 not 1,2,3 settings the blower that is

Nope, not changed it myself. Just know how to use the Maplins website ;)

nice one geez dont rub it in...i actually called them earlier mate didnt use the site

WELL IM CHANGING MINE MYSELF SO THERE :p:p LOL

nice one geez dont rub it in...i actually called them earlier mate didnt use the site

WELL IM CHANGING MINE MYSELF SO THERE :p:p LOL

Been there, seen that, done that... :? (although originally I just used a bit or 13A mains cable! :lol: )

It's pretty easy to do, and saves you a fortune! 8)

AAIGHT, If your lucky, just the fuse will have blown and changing it will sort it out, On mine the large resister had blown (you could see the leek at the bottom of the pack) - I got one real cheap from a breakers, let me know if you do and i'll give you the contact details and part numbers....

Tahnks every1 especially Andi for the maplins link i got the fuse today next day delivery and took literally 5 mins to sort it out. A llworking and im well happy cheers GUYS

(you could see the leek at the bottom of the pack)

Didn't know the blower fan had leeks in it, maybe that's where the oniony smell is coming from? :o

Speaking of blower fans. Mine had a bizarre problem. It didn't work on any speed. Did the usual checks and just on the verge of giving up, I found that pin number 1 on the fan connector (earth) had melted the plastic around it. The molten plastic had severed the electrical connection. It's OK now but what on earth would cause that to happen?

Cheers

Kev

Before you replace the thermal fuse be sure to try out the bit at the very bottom of that link.

HTH

Amit

(Edited for being a ijit)

Kev, I just read your post and I p***** myself.... Literally, I wasn't connected...

Bo' Selecta! - looks like i've sprung a leak now...