Sign in to follow this  
TREVR6

Anyone seen this before?

To be fair that's no longer a Corrado though.... it's not road legal and is just a shell over a space frame and massive engine.

IMO, the world's fastest Corrado title should be attached to a road car.

IMO, the world's fastest Corrado title should be attached to a road car.

I have to agreewith you on that one!

it is actually surprising how much of the original car still exists, and there is no reason why it couldnt be road legal with a little work (a mate used to run a ford pop called fizzy pop and that was fully road legal and ran in the same class as the corrado i think)

its not just a fibreglass shell either its nearly all the original body from what i saw, boot modified slightly :lol: to fit thoses huge tyres in and the engine bay widened a bit it even has the original doors (with working handles)

does that mean phat, biggerbigben, or coxylads car's are no longer a corrado ? they have had to replace the rear floor pan changed the interior and modified other bits to use the 4wd system and the different engines

I'm not knocking the workmanship or suggesting it's a cheap fibreglass 'over shell', it's a drag car, styled as a Corrado and a fine example.

I was thinking it's not road legal because of the absence of certain appendages and the lack of steering lock, but I'm only speculating on the latter as it looks to be set up for straight line acceleration only.

Phat, Biggerbigben etc....now you're just being silly. There's a big difference between a drag car and a Corrado that's had an engine and drivetrain conversion. Their engines are still in the original location, still drive the front wheels (and the rears) and uses mostly VW parts.....and they're all road legal and setup for the road.

i see where your coming from, this car is built for a single pupose (which it is very good at) i was just a bit surprised at how much of it was still original. especially as most of the drag cars you see about are like you say just fibregalss bodies over a space frame.