A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

thanks, Ell told me he'd send the pics ages ago but probably forgot so I emailed him a couple of weeks ago and true to his word he sent them out. Took 4hrs last night to open them and resave them as jpegs. The originals are all 48meg tiff's. They are amazing quality, had to post up a couple so you can see how much impact is lost in print. On the screen as the shoot i as blown away with every pic they opened.

Bare with me on the emails, i'm on yahoo mail and it takes awhile to up load them. Its a 4mb email, hope your at work or on broadband. :lol:

Lee, it's still looking awesome as ever, I have new wallpaper :D

just wish i could show them all. Theres about 200!!

Spend the last few days working on the Radiator cross member. Again brand new and still had to be stripped down to bare metal and improved. I've polished the topside but still got the underside to do. Also going to seam weld it. Not for strength but to seal the joins between the two pressings as they will collect dirt leading to rust later. Happy to report that new rad supports are better than the old ones. Took ages to get the paint off!!! Big day tomorrow, the chromed subframe is ready for collection!!

Hey Lee, been watching the corrado's progression over the last year but never really bothered posting, needless to say it's looking awesome :)

I saw a similar mod to what you've done with your door handles on a Golf around 2 years ago (are they audi handles?) and attempted recently to ask the same modifier who did it to do the same job to my Rado.... his answer was:

No f*ing way, that job was a nightmare could never get the door to open after it was locked, forget about it!

( http://www.fcauto.com was the guy...)

:rolleyes: Presumably I should just look for another guy to do it or is the job fundamentally flawed?

Cheers,

John

Hey Lee, been watching the corrado's progression over the last year but never really bothered posting, needless to say it's looking awesome :)

I saw a similar mod to what you've done with your door handles on a Golf around 2 years ago (are they audi handles?) and attempted recently to ask the same modifier who did it to do the same job to my Rado.... his answer was:

No f*ing way, that job was a nightmare could never get the door to open after it was locked, forget about it!

( http://www.fcauto.com was the guy...)

:rolleyes: Presumably I should just look for another guy to do it or is the job fundamentally flawed?

Cheers,

John

Mine are Audi A6 handles. If you can find somebody to do them for you there miles better than the factory items. They work which is already a bonus over VW's effort and they are look much cleaner and really modernises the exterior of the car. There are a few trade secrets on fitting them correctly, so better speaking to a body with experience of fitting them. Its nice opening you door with the confidence that the handle will always work!! :lol:

Thought about getting a spare pair of doors modified by one of the top bodyshops and then getting them painted and fitted in Kerry?

Finally picked up my subframe from the chromers today. Can't tell you how chuffed i am with it. It was a killer job to prep and strengthen it but worth it in the end. You just look at it and think, that is serious and sh*t i'm never going to be able to drive my car in the rain again :lol: Still the plan is it will be a show/fun car only next year so not going to worry about it too much.

Also got my starter motor parts back so that can be assembled next week and seam welded the underside of the radiator support. Next the welds will be ground back and the whole underside polished.

sh*t i'm never going to be able to drive my car in the rain again

:lol: There one for the quote thing on the portal page. This cars really going to the next level!

sh*t i'm never going to be able to drive my car in the rain again

:lol: There one for the quote thing on the portal page. This cars really going to the next level![/quote:31359]

Thats the plan, my aim for next year is to finally top Steve Denton's chrome car, 7 years after he build it!!

Wow look at that! Awesome stuff lee! Whats next for a swim in the chrome tank?

Radiator cross member, rear beam, steering knuckles, steering rack (that will test me), crank pulley, brakelines, all the nuts & bolts then i'll start struggling for stuff. Got the pipe work for the turbo and intercooler to look forward to then!!

lee i cant imagine how this looks in the flesh! are you going to the rr day @ stealth? also by any chance have you got the part numbers for the front cross members? and where did you get them from? someone mentioned you brought one and mine is rusting unfortunately cheers andy

lee i cant imagine how this looks in the flesh! are you going to the rr day @ stealth? also by any chance have you got the part numbers for the front cross members? and where did you get them from? someone mentioned you brought one and mine is rusting unfortunately cheers andy

me neither. Never seen a car with everything chrome in the metal, nearest so far would be Simons Mk2. Imagine he'll be chroming his drive shafts subframes etc for next year too. Still got loads of tricks up my sleeve tho'. Had more ideas for the rear beam. TMT will love it, really in the zone at the min :lol:

Bought the cross members from GPC, i'll get the part number tomorrow as its at work. Not going to stealth, next year definately be there if my car will go on the roller's with only 48mm of clearance.

TMT will love it, really in the zone at the min :lol:

Yeah the Chrome-a-zone :lol:

Would love to see your car too, seems to be an update nearly everyday and you say you have more ideas?? Surely you got to run out soon?

Keep it up it's a damn good read... 8)

Mine are Audi A6 handles. If you can find somebody to do them for you there miles better than the factory items. They work which is already a bonus over VW's effort and they are look much cleaner and really modernises the exterior of the car. There are a few trade secrets on fitting them correctly, so better speaking to a body with experience of fitting them. Its nice opening you door with the confidence that the handle will always work!! :lol:

Thought about getting a spare pair of doors modified by one of the top bodyshops and then getting them painted and fitted in Kerry?

I don't understand exactly what you mean... like getting the doors done somewhere else and then putting em on my car with the mod done? :oops:

Also, who are the top bodyshops in your opinion?

Cheers,

John

I don't understand exactly what you mean... like getting the doors done somewhere else and then putting em on my car with the mod done? :oops:

Also, who are the top bodyshops in your opinion?

Cheers,

John

Yep, audi door handles look great but only if there done properly. Most most good bodyshops like to leave the car in primer for a couple of weeks anyway to see if anything sinks so worth doing it this way if you need the car. Off the top of my head, Barry Roberts, Premier, Paynes, Impact and Reflex are the most noted for a quality job.

TMT will love it, really in the zone at the min :lol:

Yeah the Chrome-a-zone :lol:

Would love to see your car too, seems to be an update nearly everyday and you say you have more ideas?? Surely you got to run out soon?

Keep it up it's a damn good read... 8)[/quote:dbd78]

May have a long wait. I'm considering doing one show this year, MIVW which is unfortuately in Belgium. Almost definately won't show it in the UK this year, back in 2007. I'll never run out of idea's only the money to realise them!! :lol: