Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

I just bought another VW...

Bloody VW's, it's a disease!!

Corrado has to come off the road for more work, and I'm struggling to get to work (a combination of lifts and mountain bikes that keep falling to peices). I don't want to drive it again until it's 100% finished becasue I'm begining to hate the car, which isn't good.

so, yesterday I bought myself a nice '51 plate golf V6 4 motion.

black (not mettallic unfortunatley)

Black Recaro Leather

walnut dash trim. (eeeurgh)

Nokia DSP sound system and 6 disc changer.

Sunroof and climatronic

17" santa monicas

43K on the clock.

downsides being

a: it's a 5 door

b: the sump is cracked so the bottom is knackered

c: it's a 5 door

d it's got more than 3 doors.

e: need a new passenger rear door.

f: it's on a CAT, got written off due to the engine damage

g: the front doors are too small and it has these funny extra flaps in the rear quarters. to enable you to acess the rear seats.

praise the lord for 0% credit cards!!

I'll run it through the winter whilst I'm finishing off the corrado and playing with my motorbike, then it'll be forced with the decision of whether to sell it or sell the corrado. shouldn't be too hard. if it was a 3 door I'd think about keeping it for the daily hack. can't afford to keep them both unfortuatley. If i decide I still don't like the corrado, then I'll be swapping the engines over and selling the corrado witht he 2.8 in it and keeping the sleeper R32 mk4.

I think I'll stick the R32 suspension on it too, possibly the brakes if I can't find a buyer for them soon. and maybe even the R32 wheels too. what do you reckon to those in black on a lowered black mk4 with huge brakes?

what are they worth these days? I could only find one on autotrader under 10K, and it wasn't this spec or this new. I've bought it to fix and sell on so I'm hoping it's going to be worth at least £10K?

I'm am officially the UK's 24v engine whore. I have 4 of them now!

not exactly nothing, but put it this way, I think i'll easily make £3000 on it.

not bad pay for an engine swap I think!

I'm hoping I come into some money in the next 6 months so I can afford to keep it, it's perfect for a daily car (I only work 5 miles away so fuel consumption doesn't bother me).

Might have to convince the missus to sell the Lupo and keep this instead. It's basically top spec, fully loaded, my mate reckons it would have been £26K new!!! I got a receipt with it to say that the insurance just paid out £13000 for it to clear the finance.

g: the front doors are too small and it has these funny extra flaps in the rear quarters. to enable you to acess the rear seats.

PMSL :lol:

By any chance did it come from simpsons salvage, i went to view the same car for a mate a while back but got him a good deal on stolen recovered vr corrado instead.

Hm.. I dont think you'll make vast amounts on it mate. The V6 4Mo's seem to be going for very sensible money these days. But you certainly won't lose money!

What CAT is it ? Pretty sure that you won't make what a V6 4MOTION of this spec currently goes for if it has been recorded on VCAR register as people aren't prepared to pay book price for something like this

yes it was from simpsons.

it's on a cat D, but not stolen or crash damaged so I can't see why that would put anyone off ?

it's worth £10K all day long, cat d or not. the insurance just paid out £13K for it!!!

as for sensible money, I've only seen one on the autotrader when i looked last week for under £10K, and it was on a W, and had 104K on the clock.........

cat x is what you want , won't show on the hpi check making it easier to sell on. If you sell it cheap enough compared to other 4 motions of similar spec on the market then fair enough you will probably shift it but cat d either way puts people off.

There are currently 73 MK4 Golf V6 4MOTIONS for sale in the the £6000-£12000 price bracket on autotrader. Whatever you think, IMO and having spoken to salvage companies about this in the past, there is no way a CAT X (no matter what CAT) car is going to either be worth or sell for the same as an original non VCAR-registered example. Of course insuarance are going to pay out what the car was probably insured for. It's not worth £10K either I'm afraid, similar non VCAR-registered examples are selling just now for around £7000-£8500 max e.g.

2001 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 2.8 V6 4MOTION 3dr Hatchback, Petrol, 53,000 miles, Silver. PAS, Trip computer, Rear wiper, Service indicator, 3x3 point rear seat belts, Drivers airbag.. . . . . (private) £8,300 o.n.o

I'm not saying that you didn't get a good deal or anything because you probably did and they are lovely cars too as I helped a friend look for one recently :D

Cheers

well, insurance companies ain't stupid, so they wouldn't have paid out £13K for it if it was only woth £8K......

looks like I'll have to keep it and sell the corrado instead then,

any offers?

actually, I'm glad it'll put sellers off, because I f*cking HATE selling cars and having to put up with all the tyre kicking tossers who you get hassling you, so hopefully it'll stop all those sort of dickheads ringing up in the first place.

even if I break even on it I'll be happy, it'll be a free car for 6 months

well, insurance companies ain't stupid

I'm not so sure about that!

I f*cking HATE selling cars and having to put up with all the tyre kicking tossers who you get hassling you

I fully agree with that though.

I f*cking HATE selling cars and having to put up with all the tyre kicking tossers who you get hassling you

i third that! keep it paul do something crazy with it you got da skills! you cant sell the rado well not until you finish it then id be interested!!!

people aren't living in the real financial world these days.

cash is king.

I hope she's happy with the debt :roll: ..........I wouldn't be, hence why I don't spend money I don't have.

If you can't afford, go without.

I cant help think these two statements condradict one another....... :?

My mate would love a v6 4 motion tho.

people aren't living in the real financial world these days.

cash is king.

I hope she's happy with the debt :roll: ..........I wouldn't be, hence why I don't spend money I don't have.

If you can't afford, go without.

I cant help think these two statements condradict one another....... :?

My mate would love a v6 4 motion tho.

funny that..........i seem to remember that first statement applying to my missus's SportKa :wink: