Sign in to follow this  
Astrasteve

knocking sound from struts?

arite folks, ive got a 1992 g60 on 109kmiles and it's been lowered by the previous owner 60 mm on the standard shocks. there seems to be this knocking noise from the drivers side and sumtimes sounds like something metal tinkering away. it comes and goes and seems to be only sumtimes when i go round corners hard. any suggesions?

It could be bottoming out, 60mm is too far on std shocks. Maybe the top mounts are loose or the spring is too short to remain in place on full extansion of the strut. Bottom ball joints can rattle when they have gone. I had one on a Passat that knocked a bit going over speed bumps but was silent otherwise.

Gavin

Not sure what springs are actually on the as the g60 was already lowered when bought. It is a high priority to change the suspension setup as the current setup is making the rado quite uncomfortable at high speeds. Also as i mentioned in my last post. there is a tinkering sound that sounds like if u had a metal cup and u put say; some money in it and shook it. this is only from the drivers side. thanx 4 input fella's