Sign in to follow this  
funky

clifford alarm

my clifford concept 300 has just stopped working cannot get it to do anything with the key fob. i was left stranded at work last night unable to start or even lock the car. returned today with the valet code and got it started, flat battery in the key fob most likely but whats the chances of both fobs going flat at the same time or could it be something a little more involved

i dont like the idea of my car being left anywhere un alarmed

funky

if you have a clifford you should get an extra chirp when the key fob batteries are going flat, well you do on my mine anyway

I hate Clifford alarms. I've had 4 over the years and my C currently has a Concept 300. They're just so unreliable. Mine works one day and not the other, so I just don't bother using it. I just use the door locks and immobiliser function of the alarm. People ignore alarms anyway.

Kev

If it's a Thatcham CAT1 alarm - your handset may need re-coding after changing the battery (not always but fairly common). Exact proceedure should be detailed in your instruction book.

Same applies to spare handset. CAT1 alarms use a rolling code - unlock code changes every time the alarm is activated. If the spare handset is not used for some time, it will "loose it's code" and need re-coding.

If you are unsure of the re-coding proceedure, contact a Clifford dealer and they will be able to help.

Some alarm systems require the unlock button to be depressed for approx 10 seconds while standing next to the car. Other systems require a sequence of the ignition being switched on/off in sequence with the alarm lock/unlock button on the handset.

Not sure if the Concept 3000 is CAT1 spec or not - you'll need to check.

there was something mentioned about the antenna's packing up, look up on caraudiodirect.com website for more info

The 'low battery' sound is a very low chirp when you disable your car alarm.. strangely I have had this happen once or twice already within a few months. Maybe its to do with me arming/disarming the car from huge distances because its such a novelty :D

The 'low battery' sound is a very low chirp when you disable your car alarm.. strangely I have had this happen once or twice already within a few months. Maybe its to do with me arming/disarming the car from huge distances because its such a novelty :D

Carry a spare battery - when you get a "new" alarm, the batteries in the handsets are usually low quality and sometimes don't last too long. I always use Duracell.

well its definetly not the battery tried re coding contacted my local dealer and found out the lifetime warranty only applies to the original purchaser which is not me, looking like a big bill sometime next week and in the meen time my c is left unlocked and not alarmed to say im not happy is an understatement :(

Had similar problem with mine - and the aerial had come loose from the alarm's brain - took 2 mins to fix.

I hope this is the same for you and is a quick, cheap fix!

Agreed, if you didn't get the alarm fitted yourself, they are annoying and might be costly, but I had it fitted, and the lifetime warranty means even if it does go wrong - which I'm sure it will - I don't mind :)

And yes, the 300 is CAT1.

well its definetly not the battery tried re coding contacted my local dealer and found out the lifetime warranty only applies to the original purchaser which is not me, looking like a big bill sometime next week and in the meen time my c is left unlocked and not alarmed to say im not happy is an understatement :(

Have you got the original fitting reciept from the shop that fitted the alarm to the car?

I have for mine and the shop that fitted it said they'd transfer the warranty over to my name, and then fix it under warranty! They're not supposed to do that, but it's worth asking as some shops turn a blind eye to it in order to help their customers.

Kev

Yeah, worth a try. You would think a life-time warranty on a product fitted to a car should be for the lifetime of the car and therefore not be connected to any person!

took it to a local dealer today if its the remote these are never covered by warranty its £40 if its the aerial he will do it on the warranty anything else ill just have to wait and see but hopeing its one of these

finally got it fixed today turned out was a faulty aerial and being as they have updated the aerial i got a new long range one fitted and all for the sum of £20

i asked the dealer why these alarms are un reliable he said there is still no better alarm and most problems are remotes and aerial which are continuasly updated

Ooh I was right ;)

That worth a donation? :lol:

Glad it sorted, m8.