Sign in to follow this  
dazzyvr6

will this fit mine?

not 100% sure but reckon it would,AFAIK the only difference between the induction of the AAA code VR6(golf,passat,vento) and the ABV code VR6(euro-spec corrado)is........other than the model specific airboxes.....the throttle body is different

Maybe not, he mentions it only fits 7 pin throttle bodies. Im sure this is down to the obd2 injection system on later golfs. All Corrado vr6's use obd1 and the three pin throttle body I think so it wont fit.

Im not too sure on this though so it may fit. :?

Maybe not, he mentions it only fits 7 pin throttle bodies. Im sure this is down to the obd2 injection system on later golfs. All Corrado vr6's use obd1 and the three pin throttle body I think so it wont fit.

Im not too sure on this though so it may fit. :?

:oops: d'oh........never seen that bit joeM :oops: ............i would err on the side of caution then

not 100% sure but reckon it would,AFAIK the only difference between the induction of the AAA code VR6(golf,passat,vento) and the ABV code VR6(euro-spec corrado)is........other than the model specific airboxes.....the throttle body is different

The diameter and shape of the inlet tract is significantly different between the AAA and ABV engines.

The AAA one is more restrictive and designed to boost low-end torque at the expense of torque at high rpm.

HTH

The diameter and shape of the inlet tract is significantly different between the AAA and ABV engines.

The AAA one is more restrictive and designed to boost low-end torque at the expense of torque at high rpm.

HTH

:oops: d'oh........i stand corrected then mike :oops:

so it wont fit then??

depends on if you have the 7-pin throttle body and if you are prepared to have the AAA code inlet manifold

Mike Edwards

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:02 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vr6storm wrote: