Sign in to follow this  
OK VR6

Ebay supercharger

Hi all,

I have been seeing the below on ebay. Does anyone have any experieces of these devices or should I just purchase a normal air intake?

info

:roll:

I think that attaching a particularly fragrant piece of Stilton to your inlet manifold will produce more noticalbe results than that piece of crap.

Just get a normal panel filter, or if you're feeling the need - a K&N panel filter :lol:

Hi,

I have a panel filter, what air filter do you recommend me installing

please list any helpful urls

Cheers

I'd recommend red leicester over summer, Stilton is better suited to Winter climates. Or if you want some real kick, a block of extra mature canadian cheddar will sort you out.

Although you're in no position to mock with cheesy gags after seeing your swiss cheesed air box :lol:

I'd say the rubber couplings and jubilee clips are of more use to you for your money than the PC fan they come with....

please list any helpful urls

Cheers

Have you not heard of Google?

When I was growing up, my Mum always used to say "look it up in the library" if I ever asked her anything..... the answer to one's questions is ultimately more rewarding if researched yourself..... and you get the facts, not hearsay.

Aye, or a search on the forum is a good starting point.

Popular ones seem to be BMC CDA and K&N

lol

hey, I was just asking

i thought a man of 195 years of age will pass down some of his knowlege :D

i thought a man of 195 years of age will pass down some of his knowlege :D

During my 178 years of driving, I've learnt that filters will never yield much over standard but the BMC one is a fruity little so and so 8)

btw all that little device is is a heavy duty computer fan with a resistor and a metal case.... costs about 15-20 dollars to make, including the metal and hoses... they charge 2 much for them... =-/ btw it does actually put out .5 psi so u'll notice it about as much as getting a panel filter like they said.

Christ on a bike, there are a lot of absolutely bollox statements on there, many probably threaten the misrepresentation / false advertising laws. I quite enjoyed reading it!

A pick of the best:

"Cooled air burns more effectively, because there is more oxygen in the air!" (They obviously don't believe in thermodynamic cycles!)

"No overpressure possible"

(I wonder why that is, running off a 12V supply!)

"Patented"

(Because no-one else in their right mind would bother!)

How can they have been going for 10 years? Another dubious claim - hilarious!

"More power, less fumes"

(So the electrical power comes for free then, does it?)

I was intrigued to see what the feedback was like for this product, not being able to speak German, I used Altavista's Babelfish to translate a few. Most just say "thanks" etc, probably too embarrassed to admit, or unable to realise that they wasted their money on this item. The best one was a negative. Classic translation courtesy Babelfish:

"Completely bad muck of the boosters."

I can only imagine the real translation! Hilarious!

Lol, I think one of those turbo whistle noise makers would make it go faster, man I think you could sell inflatable ashtrays on ebay!