Sign in to follow this  
_leon_

g60 oil return line seeping oil

It seems my oil return line to the charger is leaking oil. I have been monitoring the surrounding area and it definately seems its coming from there. The banjo bolt is tight though, any ideas? I am positive its not from the muffler box - although it is the cause of the boost leak right now. Anyone recommend anything to check over?

maybe over tight or need a new washer... when you say the return do you mean the return?? - If it's the oil feed TO the charger, change it asap...!

Do yourself a favour and buy a new feed pipe and 4 new copper washers. I have never had any luck reusing those washers and you can't go mad tightening the bolts up. They are dead easy to break.

Gavin

I have just gone for another inspection. Theres traces of oil inside the boost pipe coming from the muffler box (rsr on order tomorrow) - so would that suggest that oil is actually getting through the feed pipe into the charger? And that perhaps it is just my muffler box leaking and spraying oil? I'll change it anyway, but curious to know opinions!

thanks

id still change the feed or at least just stick new copper washers on there m8.

remember its under pressure,so you will still have oil running round the charger but ocviously a slight leak means a slight loss in pressure.

neil. :)

There is barely any pressure in that line. It won't pi$$ out everywhere it just dribbles.

As for the oil in the boost tubes. That is more likely to be from the crankcase breather. It will have been floating around in there since the first time the car was started.

Leon, those pipes are never completely dry. Don't be worrying about them. If your charger has blown a seal inside, most of Aberdeenshire will know about it. :mrgreen: Think, James Bond.

Gavin

just dribbles... so i'm guessing my muffler box (sounds rude!) could be to blame. Still for all the cost of a new line I may as well fit one. Thanks for the help!

There is an O ring in the joint of the silencer box. You could try replacing that or bin it in favour of an RS outlet. A new line is cheap insurance.

Gavin