Sign in to follow this  
adamukcorrado

which goodridge brake lines for VR6 conversion??

my corrado started life as a 1990 16v and it has since been converted to a late spec vr6 (inc hubs, brakes and suspension). which goodridge braided brake lines should i get, 16v or vr6? i'm guessing that caliper end is vr6 and other end is 16v, is there any difference?? whats the difference between all the corrado's as Goodridge list quite a few different kits? any ideas?? :?

rear end is the same on all Corrados (as they all share the same rear brake components...

I'd say you'd need a VR6 6-line kit to replace all of the flexies on your car... GSF do these for about £50 IIRC and often have 'em on the shelf (they did in Manchester 6 weeks ago when I went in to get a set anyway! 8) )

cheers henny, i guess it's just the length that varies on the front to allow different size discs and calipers, have emailed goodridge but never had reply, if they get back to me with details i'll update the thread incase anyone else is interested (cos it is such an interesting subject..... :roll: ).

meh, ignore Goodridge direct, I've never had much joy getting any info out of 'em on the couple of attempts I've had at making contact with 'em... just go to GSF and get a VR6 kit... compare the lengths with your existing front flexy's before taking 'em off and if they're different, take 'em back and ask for a 16V kit... ;)

If you're running 5 stud though, I'm pretty damn sure that you'll need the VR6 kit though... 8)