Sign in to follow this  
Riley

quick sns and rsr outlet question...

alright guys. :wink:

1/if an sns chip is fitted the wrong way round,would the car run at all? :oops: may sound a silly question,i just went off a little cutout on the superchip and sns,put them the same way.

2/rsr outlet,do they all touch the rad fan? :?

ive had to twist the rubber hose on it to get it to clear,is this normal?

and lastly,now ive replaced the charger with full blend/68mm pully/sns stage 5 chip etc,should i reset the c.o and tickover?

and timing?

cheers,neil. :thumbleft:

1/if an sns chip is fitted the wrong way round,would the car run at all? Embarassed may sound a silly question,i just went off a little cutout on the superchip and sns,put them the same way.

It definitely wont run properly, if at all, and its likely to blow something in the ecu up or the chip itself, but ur right you just need to line up the notch in the chip with the one in the socket! The notch indicates the end pin 1 is :)

cheers guys 8)

how about the setting up?

ive checked the c.o on a gas anyliser and its running a little richer than before,so i reset it.

but the tickover is a little low and lumpy?

is it just the grease from the charger or sommet?

neil.

aye,will do gavin 8)

gonna run it in for 300-500 miles,no going above 3.5/4k rpm,and then give it another service.

feels like it pulls well anyway!

just cant wait to open it up a bit,and it sounds well strange :lol:

dont know if im too keen on the solid front mount either,ive got a couple of noises and i dont know if its the cause or not?

neil.

I think you need to take your RSR back off and rotate it 1 notch towards the engine so that it kind of points at the N/S strut top mount like this.

mmmm,mines just a straight pipe m8.

is it actually an rsr then? :? it came fitted to the charger straight from pitstop,the black pipe has a bend in it,but its like it isnt enough.

thanks for the help 8)

also,did you cut down the rubber boost hose?

neil.

I think you need to take your RSR back off and rotate it 1 notch towards the engine so that it kind of points at the N/S strut top mount like this.

That would do it.

Gavin

Looks similar to the one that Bahnbrenner sell, wonder if the pipework you got is wrong, mine, like most it seems, has a bit of an angle.

mine is a bb it is very slightly angled barely noticable, have a play riley i just rotated the boost hose so it was forced away from the fan then torqued it up again rather than moving the rsr.

cheers guys,

ill have another play about with it,theres a bit of room but i was just thinking about slight movement with the engine rocking.

thanks,neil.