Sign in to follow this  
corozin

Corrado Club GB National Day, August 24th

CORRADO CLUB NATIONAL DAY

SUNDAY AUGUST 24, 2003

WOBURN ABBEY, BEDFORDSHIRE

The Corrado Club is proud to announce it’s 2003 National event, to be held at Woburn Abbey on Sunday August 24th. The event is open to all Corrado Club members, and you are warmly invited to attend. The last show at Donnington in 2001 was supported by over 120 members, and with your support we hope to exceed that figure this year.

Your Club has earned an excellent reputation over the years for the friendliness and knowledge of it’s members. The National Day is a superb opportunity to meet with other members of the Club and share your enthusiasm for Volkswagen’s greatest coupé, have a look at other member’s cars, swap ideas, experiences and ask questions if you have a problem.

The Location

Woburn Abbey is located nr Milton Keynes in Bedfordshire, with easy access from the M1 (Junction 13). The venue has excellent facilities, and also has lots to see and do for all the family. Aside from the Abbey itself, there are the 22 acres of stunning landscaped grounds surrounding it, featuring the renowned Woburn deer reserve. The Woburn Safari Park is also situated close by.

In past years this event has been held at both the Donnington Motor Museum and the Gaydon Heritage Museum. In selecting Woburn as the location for this year’s show, we hope to make the event more family friendly, and so hope you will bring your family & friends along with you.

The Event

The event starts at 10am, and will continue until around 4:30pm. There are no set arrival or departure times, but we do hope you will be able to attend for as much of the day as possible.

As well as the Members area and the Corrado Club stand, there will be a selection of Trade stands offering items of use/interest to the Corrado enthusiast, including a VW Dealer, so remember to bring some money to buy some goodies for your Corrado! There will also be a selection of Club Merchandise available for sale at the Club stand.

In addition the Club will be running both a “show and shine” competiton as well as a Concour’s d’elegance category with prizes for the best presented cars in each category.

Arriving at Woburn

On arrival at Woburn, you will need to present your current Corrado Club Membership Card at the gate to obtain free access to the location. The Club Arena area lies in a specially marked area to the east of the Abbey complex close to the Public Car Park, but will be clearly marked.

When you arrive at the Arena, you will be welcomed by a Marshals who will register your attendance at the event and direct you to the correct parking area. If you wish to enter either the Show and Shine or Concours competitions please tell the Marshal who will direct you accordingly. Please be patient if there is a queue. Your co operation will help the day go smoothly for everyone.

Special Note : I have been asked by the Woburn Management to remind all members that Woburn is a wildlife reserve, and that special care must be taken whist in the grounds to protect the wildlife and the environment. Please do not speed whilst in the grounds, and please try and keep any noise from stereos, induction kits etc to a minimum. Remember that Woburn is open to the General Public, and your conduct will reflect on all of us. The event organisers reserve the right to eject anyone breaking this requirement.

Local Accomodation

Magpies Hotel, 18, Bedford St Woburn, Milton Keynes, Tel: 01525 290219

McDonald Parkside Hotel, Newport Rd, Woughton-on-Green, Milton Keynes Tel: 01908 661919

Calverton Lodge, 38, Horsefair Green Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes Tel: 01908 261241

Travelodge Milton Keynes, 199, Grafton Gate East, Milton Keynes Tel: 0870 0850950

Novotel Milton Keynes, Layburn Court Heelands, Milton Keynes Tel: 01908 322212

(see for other hotels in Milton Keynes)

Further information / event enquiries:

John Munyard (Event Manager),

Email : mailto:[email protected]

I am definitely going. My Corrado should be close on completion (respray nearly finished) (door panel retrim back next week) . :D

Any idea what trade stands are going to be there? As I want some bits from trimsport and would be handy to know.

Yep.. aiming to go.. would like to get a car sorted before then :)

Im definitely going! Hopefully the C drivers in Bournemouth will convoy up there. So far, I know 2 others that are coming from Bournemouth. What about you Bournemouth James? That would make 4!

I have neaver been to this open day and looking forward to the day! I may have to leave the wife at home for this one. :)

would have loved to go but its a tad too far for me..............anyway hope its a good day and turnout........remember to post some pics of it all john :wink:

I am gutted that I'm on holiday and wont be able to go. Make sure all the photos are posted on this site so I can see what I missed.

Sy_VW, Your not even that far away! Thats a shame, well there is always the next event! 8)

I know. I only found out about it when I got the invite from Club Corrado the other week and Greece had already been booked.

Your lucky anyway as coming from Bournemouth there are quite a few of you driving up and as you say you can go up (race up) in convoy.

I miss Bournemouth (I went to Bournemouth uni). I used to drive a Mars Red MK1 GTi down there.

Sy_VW, Mate, Bournemouth has changed so much. Its been voted one of the best attractions for night life. There are just loads of clubs and bars. Friday and Saurday nights make Bourneouth heaving!

I used to Drive a blue Jetta, then a MK2 Golf GTI 8 V. You may remember the terror in the Jetta, light Blue, with 17"OZ Polaris rims and more decked on the rea flying around. Yes, I was 17 and drove like an idiot. Then more of a nutter in teh MK2 Golf as it was quicker! Simon and Nock used to drive around in their featured Blue and Golf Golfs! You may remember them.

It was only a year ago that I left Bournemouth. There are few places that can beat it for night life!! I try and get down there when I can as still know people that live there. I know Simon S and his MK2 with half rollcage etc. I used to go to school with him before he moved to Bournemouth.

i know this may sound like a silly question but what if you are not a member of the Carrado Club how do you/would you be able to gain acccess to the club arena?

Sy_VW, hes got a MK3 VR6 Highline. His cars are always sweet!

Next time your around give us a shout!

Rams

He loves his VW's and modding them. I think thats one reason why he got rid of his C Storm cause its to rarer car to start going mad on it. Still looked the nuts with the replica Porsche Turbo alloys. When I'm next down in Bmouth ill get in touch as I wouldn't mind checking out your C. It looks sweeeeeeeeeeet!

I think all corrado owners are welcome you will just have to pay a small entrance fee to get in I assume, but for members it's free ( whoopy :D )

This is going to be a mega meet-up if we all turn up - 2001 at Donny was wicked - I'd never seen so many Corrados in one place before!

Anyone for a London region convoy up there?

Cheers

Mark

Sy_VW, I actually bought my C from Chelmsford in Essex! I saw the car advertised in the auto trader about 1 year ago. All I can say it was a nightmare getting out of Essex. Its the A12 or something! The traffic was terrible.

Rams

A12.... know it well :mad:

M25.... know it well :mad:

Quiet open roads with the whining charger :lol:

seems to be open for CC members only.........thats a real shame,at the time i was gonna join either CCGB or ClubGTI but after looking at each site nothing seemed to be happening on the CC so i went for the Club GTI membership......only my opinion but why r all Corrado's not welcome,suspect there would be loads more.....

sorry....mis-read,CC members gain free access but all r welcome,we will be there paying on the gate.......doh! lol

Do you pay per person or per car? How much? I dont really mind, its just my non-corrado owning mates which might grumble

So are non C owners able to attend? I'm very local to the event & it would be great to see some cars maybe for sale??

Should be able to - non C owners can still come and just pay at the gate like non CCGB members who own Corrado's :)