Sign in to follow this  
Paul 8v

Zebedee!

Just got my C insured yesterday so I thought I would take it out for a blast, which was cool until I decided to floor it along a country road. It decided it was gonna leave the ground (which was fine) on an unexpected dip in the road. But when it landed it kinda bounced twice which was rather worrying.(not sure if this may have been other bumps) The car is on Eibach -40mm lowering springs but has standard dampners, is this why it did it do you think (Scared the shizer out of me!) Also hit the ground with splitter and cracked the side (the roads near me are rubbish)

possibly the dampers not upto the job with the uprated springs???

but any take-ing off the ground would worry me!!!!

you need to stiffen it up

Shocks that is.... sounds like the current shocks are past their sell by date. Plus the stroke available for the compression has been shortened by 40mm so the full reaction of the VW shocks may not be acheived in this extreme case.

Your shocks need to match the 40mm drop so VW standard ain't the way to go even when new. ie. damping needs to be stronger (stiffer).

If you're using the standard shocks with lowered springs, the car will ride like a heap - you really need some up-rated shocks with a shorter travel like some Koni TAs...

what about bump stops? if there worn, will it cause the car to bounce a bit? hey the roads everywhere in England seem to be mash up! LOL

will it cause the car to bounce a bit?

Don't think so. Their damage is more likely the result of, not the cause. More likely to be u/s because the lack of damping and incorrect shock used v spring lowering spring are giving the bump stop more of a battering than normal.