Sign in to follow this  
shawshankkid

Polishing Cloths.

What type of cloths for polishing the car do you find best to use ? Microfibre/100% cotton/others ?.........I use flannelette cot sheets as they are mega soft and i can buy them cheap from off markets and such like.

a pair of knickers , it helps me rub faster :-)

in what condition......... :?:

he he i dont mind as long as they arent too tight :shock:

microfibre...although i have found some really nice tissue for applying polish, the really soft one like baby wipes but with holes in it

terry towels are good too but tend to leave bits of the towel everywhere but you cant beat a decent microfibre cloth.....

my uncle uses his bare hands to apply his pur zymol wax,,,but this stuff is expensive enough to use with your bare hands (he wont let me near it)

old skool recommends cutting an apple in half and rubbing over the screen than using newspaper to get rid of excess and it seriously blings

I always just buy Autoglym polishing cloths!

try some microfibres there SO cheap now and wont leave any bits of cloth lying aroud either.

I went down to tesco's looking for some microfibre cloths but could not spot them. I have these shitty ones from halfords which you have to cut off of a roll - they leave small bits of fluff everywhere.

Anyone got any microfibre spotting tips when the next tesco's run takes place.

The only way to get around the fluff problem is to cut the sizes you want and then stand there for a ninny for a few minutes shaking the hell out of them to get all the fluff out of em ;)

Tried that and they fray even more then :cry:

Think i may try running a lighter alond the fringe - but then that could make borbles which may scratch the car :shock:

i got a 'mitt' from halfords last time i was in buying car shampoo, its like fake sheepskin stuff and works an absolute treat so long as the cars dry. I tend to dry off excess water with an old towel (pink naturally) then buff it up with this mitt, works amazingly well! I'll have to try the newspaper/apple thing on the glass since thats the one thing i dont ever seem to get properly shiny.