Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Bottom Crank Pulley.

Bonjour.

Ive been having problems with my PAS for ages, i got a new pump but before i fitted it the PAS re-appeared, but since it has been very noisey, it squeels at full lock, and last night i couldnt get it outta my parking space..the steering wheel was juddering and the pump was squeeling.

at the same time ive also noticed a slight juddering/rattling from the bottom of the engine on tickover ....

does this sound like my crank pulley's gone?...if so , how hard are they to change (( i.e how many hours ? ))

Is the PS belt tensioned properly?,might be slipping causing that screeching sound,why would your crank pulley wobble?,unless someone fitted it 90 degrees off its locating peg...

why would your crank pulley wobble?,unless someone fitted it 90 degrees off its locating peg...

theyre prone to coming loose,its the stretch bolt that causes the problem i think?

and in turn the movement you then get on the pully knackers the peg,or maybe even your crank :(

id say if all goes to plan,it may take you 30-45 mins,if not it could take a lot longer!

you definately need someone to help imo,have the car in gear and someone on the brakes.

or you can possibly jam a chisel in the flywheel like i did :lol:

be carefull in case something breaks off into the box though!

edit:im not sure if it sounds like your pully thats gone?

edit:im not sure if it sounds like your pully thats gone?

why's that?..and what d'you reckon it could be then?

i thnk you would probably notice a difference in the power delivery?

have you tried the old,screwdriver to your ear trick on things like the alternator?

do the revs fluctuate or anything?

it is a g60 aint it?

yeah..the engine runs very smoothly, theres just a slight judder that feels like its on the bottom of the engine at tickover every 15 secs or so...a really slight one..

this coupled with the weird power steering goings on is a weird one....is the steering rack a possiblity?

i wouldnt say its your rack,im just wondering if pas belt slippage is causing a slight change in the engine rpm...

if it was me id replace the pump you bought as a matter of course and stick a new pas belt on at the same time.

see what the crack is then maybe?

unless anyone else has any ideas?

neil.