Sign in to follow this  
tinsman

exaust system...

in about a week im getting this... tell me what you think. and also if anyone thinks ill be getting any power gains.

* Techtonics tunning 2.5 inch cat back with a borla muffler.

* Techtonics tunning high flow cat.

*"turn2" cold air intake.

*GIAC chip

this is all for a 1992 vw corrado. these will be the first modifications. let me know what you think. good idea?bad idea?

-tj

techtonics is the way to go,ive heard good things about the garret chips for the slc too.

techtonics has really good stuff, they arent cheap by any means so if your spending the money thats they way id go. i had a techtonics cat back on a GLI Jetta it did everything i wanted it to do. been thinking of getting the same for my Corrado.

BTW........either of you guys belong to CCA? if so whats up with them ? i havent seen anything new on their web site in a year or more.

later

Mike

yeah i dont know whats up with the cca,they were trying to sort it all out on the yahoo list a few months back.they need a forum more like this one so you dont have to scroll through 100 posts to get to the one you want.

Tinsman,

Where'd you get snow from? and you want a cold air intake!

I run a Giac chip and to be honest i don't rate it!

However the UK VRs are a 2.9 and run on 98.6octaine fuel so the map on thier chip is sh1t for us!

I will get a propper re-map when funds allow but a plug & play chip is not the answer as every engine and air temp for every car is different, may aswell stay with the chip you have now and spend your money on something more worthy!

Chris

yes i agree, there are more americans flocking to this forum.

this forum is very well organized and run.

american forum ........idea for thought.

Gradually this forum seems to be getting more & more international. We have users from Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Canada, USA and of course the UK.

haha... as to the snow. i live in PA in the usa. i get all the seasons around here. right now its very very hot. im a little worried about the water... but ive talked to some people and they said it shouldnt be a huge problem. btw i love this forum, i think its kinda cool that i get to talk to people from across the pond

question... i got the techtonics exhaust with the high flow cat... it is sooo loud. like very loud. is this normal? or copuld somthing have gone wrong. i put the chip in today also so maybe the chip is still configuring. please let me knwo what u think.

question... i got the techtonics exhaust with the high flow cat... it is sooo loud. like very loud. is this normal? or copuld somthing have gone wrong. i put the chip in today also so maybe the chip is still configuring. please let me knwo what u think.

Chip shouldn't make much, if any, difference to the exhaust note.

I've got a large induction kit & Magnex exhaust on my G60. At low revs it sounds like a low rumble, as the revs increase the note gets louder and after about 3000rpm it starts to sound like a WW2 Spitfire setting off down the runway (very loud).

Part of the noise will be coming from my induction kit and the rest from the exhaust.

The loudness is down to the brand of exhaust. The choice of baffle material and skin metal have an affect on reverberance. I prefer the VR6s with a muted exhaust note.....they sound so refined and creamy.

How has the 2.5" bore affected torque/power delivery?

Kev

yea... i fixed the sound problem. I put all this stuff on my self. and when i was putting the new cat on i put the washers inbetween the flanges so there was a little gap between the downpipe flange and the cat flange so all the air was comming right thru there. thats why it was soo loud. it wasnt even hitting the muffler. -tj