Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

New Car Smell = Poison! Shock!

to be fair, most of the aromatic organic compounds ARE bad for you... The Pine smell is a classic carcinogen. Most of the vapours (organic or not) given off by glues and other such things will kill you or at least not do you much good if inhaled... Hell, there was a study which concluded that the safest way of filling your car with Diesel was from about 10 yards away so you didn't inhale any fumes... Petrol users don't laugh - for Super unleaded it was 20 yards due to the extra Benzine (another carcinogen!) in it to get the extra octane ratings.... :|

Humans are VERY frail in the scheme of things, there's so much that'll harm us or kill us out there, and that's before you count other people... :|

The Pine smell is a classic carcinogen.

Yeah but when you curl a noxious one off, you're thankful for that carcinogenic pine fragrance :lol:

Humans are VERY frail in the scheme of things

Speak for yourself. *Beats chest in manly style* :)

Carcinogens? Pah! I've already shown cancer the door once...

Henny, OMG i'm not going to last too long then. The amount of times i've siphoned fuel out of the car to put in the lawn mower at my dads, and ended up with a gob full. No wonder my brain is fecked. :crazyeyes: :Fade-color

Weird thing: the mother of a friend of mine at school had a brand new Alfasud that kept it's "new car" smell for at least three years. I remember being constantly surprised it was still there every time I got into it. :?

(even more amazing thing - three years later it hadn't disintegrated into a pile of rust on the floor and been blown away by a light breeze :D)