Sign in to follow this  
R1-Jay

Speaker Sizes

'90 1.8 16v

Any idea on the size of the speakers in the doors? I've just looked behind the grills and theres nothing there!!!

Anyone know if the standard ones were components or 2way speakers?

Nothing there?! LOL, someone has eaten them.

Yeah 2 ways as standard.

In the doors you have 5.25" woofers and on the dash you have 1" tweeters.....providing someone hasn't eaten those aswell.

:) has a really manky tape headunit in the car and no face for it, no speakers in the doors, will take the grill of this weekend on the dash to check for tweeters

got speakers for the boot, just need to buy and fit front speakers now

Well I can heartily recommend Audioscape door pods with a nice 6.5" component set if you want to improve the sound whilst you're at it :-)

early valvers didnt have speakers the the doors, mine didnt! AFAIK they dont have the loom in place to put them there either so I'll have to run wires... no bad thing really since the standard wires aren't that great in the first place.

when you say "early valver" what year does that go upto? mine (91 H reg) has speakers, electric everything but the bonnet goes down in the middle. Sorry for my newbieness but ive only owned a corrado for 3weeks :p

Kev, those 6.5" go in the back or fit into the 5.25 front space?

Typical price?

Sorry mate, you need an entire new door pod to fit 6.5s, which the 'Scape make for us. Not cheap I'm afraid, £180 normally or we get em for £130ish in a GB. They're very good quality though and look and feel better than the OE ones.