Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Ok! Saxo's in the Autotrader!

Step one... just need to sell it now.

Its on the website for the next two weeks, and should be in the forthcoming Midlands Autotrader - just gotta hope I get some interest.

Though looking at it, this could really screw me up for the CCGB day on the 24th if I do manage to sell it!! I guess we'll have to see.

Remember to remove the gtir bonnet vent, coloured valve caps and 5" Peco back box :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry

I did try about a month ago and despite a million bumps on my part, I got no interest at all.

They all want brand new cars for a few grand on that place and its really hard to sell a totally unmodded one.. so I think i'll just try the usual channels for now :)

fingers-crossed mate............going by the condition yer old Corrado was in i'm sure it should sell quick enough...........then well go on my son, Corrado or Gti you can't really go wrong

All the best mate, hope you sell quickly :D

Having seen it, it's a very tidy car- shouldn't think you'll have too many problems selling :D

Looked at any C's yet?

Nope not as yet.. got my eye on one at (funnily enough) EMC Performance. Its been there a little while now which is worrying, but it looks and sounds like its really good. Its a 1991 16v, just over 100,000 on the clock with full history and everything.. looks immaculate and is £2,195 - sounds basically exactly what I want.

Have to see if its still there when I come to buy...

Nope not as yet.. got my eye on one at (funnily enough) EMC Performance. Its been there a little while now which is worrying, but it looks and sounds like its really good. Its a 1991 16v, just over 100,000 on the clock with full history and everything.. looks immaculate and is £2,195 - sounds basically exactly what I want.

Have to see if its still there when I come to buy...

Awwwwwwww Jim, 16V??? You gotta get that VR6 out of your system somehow.... :twisted:

Congrats on taking the big step, hope it sells soon.

Get the VR6, you know you want to. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Steve

I would say take out £10,000 as you only live once!! Buy a c and make it faster! Joke, all good things come to those who wait! Its not my motto, but never the less! im too impatient!

I want a VR badly and IF one comes up in my budget then I might consider it.. but I am just a little worried that i'll end up in the same position I was with my last Corrado, with high bills that I cannot afford.

The VR is a beautiful machine but I am aware they require a little more attention that the valvers and I don't want to end up with another sob story and a Corrado for sale 6 months down the line.

Have you ever considered a G60 jim? I'm sorry if you've emntioned it before but i was just wondering?

It's basically the Golf GTI tried and proven engine but a supercharger that you know can be taken care of by a certain someone!! :lol:

Are these less likely to be thrashed loose engines like 16v's can be?

Yep.. have considered the G60 but they seem to be holding their values really well at the minute. Great if you own one, but not if you want to buy one at my kind of budget - probably up to a max of about £3000..

they seem to be holding their values really well at the minute

Yeah, i did notice,but when i bought mine, values basically crashed and they have crawled back up since, which is nice. But you seem some minters going for silly low prices cause the owners dont know what the got!

Didnt someone on here get one from a Lotus guy at your budget - minted? You just have to have a really good trawl and be prepared to travel.

Have you ever driven a G60? I'd throw you my keys but your a bit far away! :lol: you may get a chance at the club day. sweet talk some people and :twisted: !!!!!!DRIVE THEM ALL!!!!!! :twisted: :lol:

Well this is the thing.. I wouldn't mind a chance to try out the other C's to see where I wanna go. Always wanted to go in a G60 to see if you really can hear the supercharger whistling away over the top of the engine - and to see how much power they offer over the 16v's!

I'll have to ask a few people nicely at the CCGB day at the end of the month ;)

You're always welcome for a spin in mine someday, I'll scare ya'... lol

Got her airborne 2 days ago, I was impressed :)

Well if you make it to the CCGB day then you'll get your chance at scarin me! :D