Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Speeding Ticket

IIRC you can get away with over a ton in court if you can prove that you need your car to maintain your living; the same applies to other over the limit offences.

The problem with that is that it is down to the magistrate on the day.

or if your an off duty policeman :lol: or you can afford the barrister that gets the top footballers off

From my reading of that, it's likely a ban in one EU country will result in a ban in all of them within the foreseeable future.

Hmmm, better keep an eye on that then!

Dutch

That aint gonna slow a rich man down tho is it!

!

Does anyone remember that millionaire getting caught in some Euro country where the fine is a percentage of your income that year?

Was it Sweeden, Switz or Holland??? :?:

OUCH!

- How true is this then? Anyone here have experience?

From my experience of France, the locals drive in two manners, either dead slow or dead fast. Motorways you can sit there at 70 and never overtake anything except the odd lorry; all cars seem to do 100+

When we drove about in France this year (in a springy Scenic) we found the speed limit signs odd too; the 30kmh is taken off when the village name is corssed out with a single line. Seems many villages are 30kmh (not 30mph). Once we came out a village and the old gene dame (plodds) we standing there with tripod waiting for peeps, as my mate floored it; we guessed they took us for Brits and couldnt do with the hastle.