Sign in to follow this  
dazzyvr6

whoops!!

basicaly wasnt looking what i was doing,seen a gap,thought the car infront had gone but ...you guessed it..it was still there,not to bad though,only headlight,fog,and may be able to get the wing fixed,not sure where i stand on the insurance though :?

the other car(mk2 rocco)just had a slightly dented rear bumper,which he had a spare at home so hes not claiming,i was only doing 5mph at the most saw him i braked and the front end dived,no other damage apart from ,wing headlight and fog,been told to tell the insurance that someone reversed into me in a car park and drove off

I take it the other guy was cool about the crash then as he was a VW driver :D

Sucks though.. gonna cost you a few hundred to put straight! :(

Sorry to hear that daz at least it could have been worse but still a pain in the arse I know exactly how ya feel been there myslef!!!! Hope ya get iot sorted soon mate not worth going through insurance if you aint got pncb coz they'll just hike up next years premium

Yeah.. think long and hard before you do it insurance wise.

It'll cost you dear in the long run! It might be better to just save up for a month or so and then get it sorted.

Insurance is a killer.

But as was said of earlier...it could have been a lot worse although any accident is a pain in the arse. getting the insurance company involved is not recommended.

like everyone else has said dazzyvr6,try and keep it away from being an insurance job...........even if you said that someone reversed and drove off it still counts as a "life" off your NCD protection

also parts costs should "only" be about the £300 mark(wing from 8vG60 and lights from VW) so surely fitting and paint and other sundries will only take it to roughly the £500 mark or just over.........now unless your XS is really low like say £100(even then I would try and get it done without claiming) then keep it out of the insurance

Thats not too bad really!! shame I could have helped you out if it had of been the drivers side as I have a VR6 wing sitting in my shed in great condition you could have had that and just got it sprayed . Is the bodyshop that have quoted you £180 replacing the wing for that amount or are they just going to fill it if they're just going to fill it then I think you would be better off finding someone else, at max for a repair of the wing and a blow over of the wing you should only be looking at about £100-£120 to cover labour and materials

he's doing other things as well,bonnet sprayed,scratch on rear quarter bits on the doors so its quite a good price

if he is doing all those extras, thats not a bad price at all. just hope he does good work. i have seen some pretty shotty mechanics that will tell you one thing and give you another. ask around, unless you already know his work quality.

he is a good bloke,he rebuilt my mates smashed up mr2 and charged him £800 for cash,he spayed my old golf for me aswell,and its going in on wednesday

your lucky that you found a good man. i took my Corrado to a guy that had a good reputation as a body/paint man. it was a nightmare. he f*#k'd up my car badly. i am still fixing the mess he a made. :mad:

whoa daz, just seen this. bad luck mate, like others been there myself

in answer to your question (how pi$$ed off am i) quite a bit I should say, but price to fix sure looks good

just found out gpc dont do headlights no more,they told me that they are cheaper from the stealers,got a price of £99+vat,so my ccgb discount will come in handy :lol: :D

just found out gpc dont do headlights no more,they told me that they are cheaper from the stealers,got a price of £99+vat,so my ccgb discount will come in handy :lol: :D

Have you damaged the whole headlight, or just broken the glass? The glass is available seperately and is only about £25 +vat from VAG and it just clips on... :?:

Just a thought... :D

its pretty badly damaged,have ordered the headlight so i should get it tomorrow,and the fog light is coming on thursday from gpc