Sign in to follow this  
A20 LEE

Subframe Question

No, but it is very similar. I have one on mine at the moment. The only difference (as far as I can tell) is the rear mounting plates that the ARB sits on are a bit longer and skinnier and there is an extra bracket for a vibration damper. The beefy bits that the engine and suspension bolts to are the same. I couldn't find a rado one so just modified the Golf one slightly with extra steel plate. No problems since then!

Chis

(sitting back and waiting for horror stories of snapped golf subframes on corrados)

No, but it is very similar. I have one on mine at the moment. The only difference (as far as I can tell) is the rear mounting plates that the ARB sits on are a bit longer and skinnier and there is an extra bracket for a vibration damper. The beefy bits that the engine and suspension bolts to are the same. I couldn't find a rado one so just modified the Golf one slightly with extra steel plate. No problems since then!

Chis

(sitting back and waiting for horror stories of snapped golf subframes on corrados)

Thanks Chris.

Fortunately, Tricky is digging a corrado VR6 one out from me.