Sign in to follow this  
woody

Remap At Ray West Tuning

Well spent the other Friday at Ray West Tuning at finish my remap on my G60. The before figures were 185 BHP on the rolling road, the after figures are shown in the pic.

The Spec of my car is :-

Ported & Flowed Head

Ported and Matched Exhaust Manifold

Ported Throttle Body

No Cat

Full Miltek

Stage 4 Charger

Standard Injectors

Audi RS Intercooler

& Lupo Wipers (BHP?) :lol:

Ray is a helpful and very skilled mechanic who even after i tried to break some of his fingers by shutting the bonnet on his hand kept working on my car. All in all I am well happy, the car is much more responsive at low revs and scares the C**p out of me at accelerating past 3k. And to my astonishment the fuel economy is just as good. Even though I have developed a club right foot and an analogue throttle pedal.

Vids Added

http://www.fastpurple.co.uk/corrado/vids/woody/

Cheers

Woody

Intresting.. Do you have a picture/scan of the air-fuel plot also and boost ? Not bad results either.

Standard injectors running stock fuel pressure will almost certainly be running 100% duty for the car to be kicking out that power.

Sorry Darren

No graph of the air-fuel plot and boost as ray has them on on guages within the car as he is running it up. If I get time tonight and its not to dark i will try to check the boost figure with the MFA thingy.

yep john was pleased, of course it does not come close to his 16vG60 version, but i am very pleased and would reccommend ray to anyone looking for a custom map and john for his knowhow on the Corrado

Good stuff. Further to gibbers question above would I be correct in assuming that most of the expense is the time on the rollers rather than any fancy parts?

Did john go down with you to Ray West's?

Thats correct. The chips cost next to nothing, it's the tuners hourly rate that costs. What price can you put on experience???

Gavin

ray charges £45 an hour labour. I paid £550 in the end as it took nearly two full days where originally ray said to me that it would be about £400. Although more expensive than certain chips (off the shelf) A cutom map is always going to be a closer match to how the engine is performing. Ray has 17 years experience in the tuning profession, runs a 610bhp Porsche which scared the life out of me and also is the Nobel Appointed tuner in the south of england. He deals with Mercs, Nobels, Audi VW Porsche and builds race cars for people. When I was there the second time there was a Cupra R stripped down having a role cage fitted, Goodness knows what was in the engine bay but it was huge.

Yep John was there with me to drop me home in case my car did not make it and also to ask Ray about mapping his 16v Westfield.

That Westie is gonna be special. It's going to have more carbon on it than an F1 car by the looks of it!

Ray's credentials are certainly good! It sound like something to be done when you've spent all the money you're going to on hardware. You've got the FMIC and ported this and that so I suppose the time was ripe for you. Think I'll stick with my SNS for the moment! :)

Hang on a minute, isnt Ray West tuning near Andover? If so hes on my doorstep!! Any chance of a VR-remap of some sort do you think? Have to be piggy back from what ive read?

If i get the alarm sorted that is!

Not much to be had from a VR without spending money on engine modifications first. Big TB and cams etc.

Gavin

Nick has a Big Bore TB Gav, just never gets chance to drive the car with it on..

Plus a full miltek and no cat with a BMC can on the other end makes for few extra ponies!

You sarcy bartenders!

Still be interested in knowing what they can offer anyways. They are literally 1 mile from my front door! Even just for trustworth servicing.

Ray does MOTs and servicing and i think would be quite happy to entertain a VR6 remap. Give him a ring or pop down there. He only works monday to Friday mind you. But I have rung him gone six in the evening and he is still there.

Spend the remap money on a new alarm to enjoy the TB then?? :mrgreen:

Good point and well presented I think Gav :wink: