Sign in to follow this  
AB

early mornings

i think my car is lazy and does not like early morning wake ups. it has to crank over a few times before it starts then it will not rev smoothly for about 10 sec then it will run fine all day it has had new plugs, leads, cap , arm has anyone got any ideas it is a 1.8 16V 1990. (may be i should get a job that starts later so i do not have to disturb my car when it is sleeping)

could be posible that that it might be the cold compresing the leftover fuel slightly or anouther gass left inside the engine - causing slugish startup in cold conditions? my c revs all over the place on cold mornings - sometimes at300rpm and sometimes at500rpm

mine does this as well i take it these have a cold start valve like the k-jet golfs used to? might help to clean the contacts up on this and take it off and clean it. (talking about my 16v not g60)

Why are you bothered?

My bikes have always been slow on warm up, as too was the Mk2 Golf of mine. ~Its like you getting up on a frosty morning and being asked to run.

Take it easy and let it warm up; mine has very slow throttle response for the first 5mins. But yes, if you're really bothered its extremly bad - then do as above. But any newbies reading this - dont panic!

the reason i am bothered is i like to be able to go to my car and it start first time with out sitting there cranking it over. i am not on about blasting it down the road when it is cold everyone knows not to do that.

mine does the same, and there has been this problem brought up before, and we all seemed to have one thing in common, the cars had been standing for between 6-12 months+ I think its down to the injectors, cos i pulled one once and just switched the ignition on, and it squirted for a split second, there not cheap tho!!!