Sign in to follow this  
cjsadler

VR6 ABS Light comes on when driven hard

Hi all

New to forum so first a hello to everyone.

Now my problem, as i was driving the VR a bit harder following a mitsubishi my ABS light came on and stayed on. I of course backed off and continued to a safe place to stop.

When I switched off the ignition and turned back on the light lit and went off as it should.

The brakes all felt fine with no loss or shakes so i guess it is a sensor problem.

Any ideas please???

The only posibility I can come up with is that a while ago i found the nearside front sensor ring had come loose and was slightly bent. I have tightened it up again but was unable to get it completely straight.

Could this give a problem like this???

Many thanks in advance

Chris

West Sussex

1993 Aqua Blue VR6 Corrado

Hi, welcome to the forum...

Yep, I hink you've answered your own question there! - i'd say it was quite likely that at high speed the distorted ring caused the signal to 'miss'...

You'd need to put it on VAGCOM to be sure what sensor triggered the fault tho...

I doubt the new ABS rings are much from VAG, the rear cages are about a tenner but not sure about the fronts...

Hi and thanks for the welcome.

Many thanks for the reply Supercharged.

Looks like a weekend fitting a new ring soon, or I could of course just drive slower, no a new ring for sure.

Cheers.

The only reliable way to know what caused the light to come on is to ask the ABS control unit, via VAGCOM or your favourite error code reader software ..