Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

Engine rebuild.

Sorry guys i know there was a post similar to this a couple of days ago but mines a g60 engine and wasnt sure how it may differ from the 2.0l engine.

I have decided to rebuild the engine before i start increase the boost levels on my car. I was thinking either a screw charger or an rs charger with a 65 mm pulley. Knowing my luck this would demolish my engine lol. I was thinking about having it over bored to a 1.9 but wanted to know what other things i should do while its apart. obviously oil pump, water pump, belts etc goes without saying. And also the likes of bottom end sheels etc. Is there anything i need to look out for or anything else i should to while its apart to benefit the engine. Sorry for the long winded post, theres just alot of what if's whizzing round in my head lol

pretty much identical list to the valver one I wrote yesterday... Oh, except you only need 8 tappets :lol: and the head gasket set is a bit more expensive... ;)

Have a word with G-Man about his 1900 conversion pistons which are simply an 83mm overbore using standard G60 bottom end parts... should make around 1873cc If I Remember Correctly which will give a nice hike in torque without screwing up the rev-ability of the G60 engine like some of the 2litre conversions do by using too long a throw on the crank... :|

G60s REALLY benefit from bottom end lightening (inc. flywheel) and balancing... makes the engine sooooo smooth and the power delivery is sublime for a 4 pot engine... 8)

Gas flowing the whole of the inlet/exhaust tract will give you some healthy power gains too... 8)

Anyone have an idea of how much these pistons are, dont want to phone g man up yet because i dont need them yet n hes proable busy enough as it is. just trying set myself a target of what its going to cost me.