Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

VAG COM users

If you have VAG COM and dont mind helping others (Corrado and VAG) alike can you post your Forum Handle and which forum your from on the map, that way local ppl in need could get help from a fell VAG nut.

E.g. G60 Jet SEAT CUPRANET/Corrado Forum

http://www.frappr.com/vagcomuser

The idea came from athread on the Cupranet, but we opened it up to ALL GOOD VAG forum. The idea is only people that use the forum can contact you using your forum handle!

Can someone tell me what are these? I have 4 wires (red, brown--on the black socket, yellow on the middle one and yellow+green on the blue one)

Is it an analogue one? How can I test the faults?

Can only see 3 wires instead four on the brown & black. Ignore the blue. Therefore it's an anologue.

The connectors whether 16pin or 2 x2 don't govern it being analogue or digial. It's 4 wires on the dual plugs (4 wires) or 16pin are digital. If 1, 2 or 3 wire on the 2x2 then it's analogue. (Slight twist, the 16 pin socket carries analogue as well as digital)

"VAG-COM can only communicate with the VR6's Motronic ECU (not G60's Digifant or 16v/8v's) "

This needs changing at the top of that topic. Not correct. 8v & 16v engines can talk and very late G60's in 1992 production should but I haven't had a car to play with. You have to have the right interface between the PC & the car and enter at the right initial baud rate setting.

I have a 89 G60.....

OK..if it's analogue, how can I test the faults? I can see only the ABS faults? What about engine faults?

I have a 89 G60.....

OK..if it's analogue, how can I test the faults? I can see only the ABS faults? What about engine faults?

sheesh...that's gotta be one of the first then hasn't it?

how can I test the faults? I can see only the ABS faults? What about engine faults?

Search on blink codes on the Corrado Club USA, there's a page there to help you.

All detailed in the Bentley back sections.