Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Tim's G60 - Finally started on her again...

Alright Chris, Yeah we had to leave about 2ish as work was calling........................

MIssed the end. Cheers for the comments she is getting there :lol:

Well the weather has been a bit better so have found the love to play around with her again. Being an Ipod virgin I got one last week and dont know how I survived before. And just wanted to play it in the car. But dont like wires all over the place. So have fitted a dock :clap:

It needs some fine tuning but works and only just gets in the way of my new knob. Prob not to everyones taste but was 20 euro. So gave it a go and quite like it. :D

Tim

Well the weather has been a bit better so have found the love to play around with her again. Being an Ipod virgin I got one last week and dont know how I survived before. And just wanted to play it in the car. But dont like wires all over the place. So have fitted a dock :clap:

It needs some fine tuning but works and only just gets in the way of my new knob. Prob not to everyones taste but was 20 euro. So gave it a go and quite like it. :D

Tim

Nice! I've just got one of those nano video things. So do the wires run under the trim to the back of your stereo using the autochanger input thingy?

Cheers, Mark

very nice, where did you get the gearknob if you dont mind me asking?

gearknob came from german ebay :grin:

liking the ipod dock was wondering when someone would do it, i jsut use DVD MP3's so i have plenty music on my dvd player :)

not sure of the gear knob but its not the most insulting thing ive seen :)

I can handle car envy when they're all so far away, up in the big smoke an' all that but not when it's just up the road.... Looks good & if I wasn't such a liability with a hacksaw I'd have a go.

I can handle car envy when they're all so far away, up in the big smoke an' all that but not when it's just up the road.... Looks good & if I wasn't such a liability with a hacksaw I'd have a go.

Cheers fella, Where are you based and what are you driving. Have seen a few more c's round here. Put it down to summer :D

Dragon Green VR affectionately called "Colin" It's very much a work in progreess at the mo, has been a daily driver for both me and my strumpet recently while we sold the others & moved house. Now after serving his purpose most admirably, (it's AMAZING what you can fit in the back of a 'Rado with the seats out when a trip to the dump is needed) he's back to being a 2nd car so work can start again, Just had MOT & service done at RK and they were nicely positive about the car. Next stop is to find a decent bodyshop around here (I'm in St Awful) and to get the £40 bargain Ebay wheels sorted.

Rich

Glad someone else local is around. And that you have found RKE. They will look after her.................... :clap:

Sorry, I end up refering to all cars as females as they can be such a pain in the a. But you cant help love them at the same time :grin:

He he tell me about it, I've gone from a 1 year old 330bhp Impreza STi to a 14 Yr old Corrado and I love the Corrado.... reminds me of my old MKII Golf GTi I had about 10 years ago, or at least how I want to remember that car any way :D

Well have given her to rke after I had the crank bolt go on her on the way back to stealth. God know how many times I have seen the thread about this and said to myself must check that and never done it so really my own fault :(

However on the plus side it did not shear straight off and although I lost power there was still acouple of mm of metal holding it on so the bottom end looks ok.

The boys at http://www.rk-engineering.co.uk ( shamless plug ) are giving her some love. Needs a new crank as the bolt has now broken off properly and where it has been rattling around has damaged the end of it. Whilst there charger is going to Darren for a rebuild as I just realized I have done about 31k since the last one. And they are going to throw in a piper cam to see how I like it. Have been told it can be a bit lumpy but can give some decent gains. :wave:

All being well and that they always do a good job she should be back with me next weekish. Now I am sorting her am so glad the idea of breaking her has gone from my mind. Sunday night I was in a bad place and the car was about to follow :censored:

How happy am I . So glad I did not break her. After 2 weeks without her I am so glad to be driving her again. Cant wait till I have put some miles on her and she can be set up properly. Whilst the boys at RKE sorted her out they put a piper 285 cam in. I know they are not rated to much as some think they can be a bit lumpy and they are so right............But I love it. The reason I didnt go and get a VR is cause I like the twichyness of the G and found the VR to be heavy and lazy. (hides under desk :grin: ) And this is so good. I can feel that it will make a diff once I can take her over 3000rpm she just is so twitchy and wants to pull. :norty:

I LOVE MY CAR :camp:

glad to hear she is all back up n running :clap:

did you get that verneir pulley in the end?

Yup got the pulley off evilbay after checking with the garage that it should be ok.

Am taking her in friday to get her set up properly as I have now done 600miles, scary that it only took 2 weeks. And i only made one random drive for the sake of it :norty:

A new shiney bit :clap:

Dont know if I will leave it on show though. Going on tommorow and hopefull will get her dynoed with the rebuilt charger and the 285 cam in. :nuts:

Sweet 8)

I may well pop up there tomorrow Tim so I might see you there, if not, do me a favour and leave the fuel cap there so I can pick it up when im there next, I need to have the wagon looked at at some point.

Sweet 8)

I may well pop up there tomorrow Tim so I might see you there, if not, do me a favour and leave the fuel cap there so I can pick it up when im there next, I need to have the wagon looked at at some point.

will be there about 11.30ish, Will make sure I leave the cap there if I dont see ya :camp: ( most used smiley on the forum ).

Well after what seemed like forever to cover 500ish miles. (only really 2 weeks) I got to take her back to RKE to get setup properly.

Made 202.8 bhp which is all good. (as long as she has as many ponies as a VR i am happy :clap: ) and 198 lb/ft.

Some piccies for you all,

" I am a sad car geek " :wave:

Well after what seemed like forever to cover 500ish miles. (only really 2 weeks) I got to take her back to RKE to get setup properly.

Made 202.8 bhp which is all good. (as long as she has as many ponies as a VR i am happy :clap: ) and 198 lb/ft.

Some piccies for you all,

" I am a sad car geek " :wave:

cool,is that figure with the vernier on?