Sign in to follow this  
RACK

G-Werks & Pitstop

Just a quick post up to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Darren and Steve for all the help they gave me with the G60 and all the bits.

Seriously can't thank you both enough, once I get this house situation sorted and can afford another G60 I'll be ordering some bits.

Cheers

RACK

It was our pleasure John we hope to see you back in a g60 (whatever model :wink:) again in the future.

Who needs advertising when you keep getting reccomendations like that? :)

Oh er wait, you're sponsoring the Engine Bay forum, err *cough* yeah, you needs lots of advertising :lol:

Who needs advertising when you keep getting reccomendations like that? :)

Oh er wait, you're sponsoring the Engine Bay forum, err *cough* yeah, you needs lots of advertising :lol:

yeah what is that about I thought this forum would never take sponsorship from any company to maintain it? as previosly mention when talking about funding for the forum?

Don't ask me, I just work here :lol:

I suspect it's because the new server is costing Andi quite a large amount of money each month...

oh ok i was just wandering as I remember most of you top guys in a previous thread (ages ago) was very anti sponsorship of any kind for this forum as they prefered the way it was.

dont worry just being curious

you dont have to tell me i used to pay £75-£100 only to run the E1K ace cafe site every month

So glad I dont have that anymore

I was asked to sponser this forum by its Owner. I also understand there will be quite a few other sponsers subtly Sponsering this forum over the next few months to help it to continue to grow as it is now and not financilly ruin its creator. I hope this clears things up.

ah ok thank you for clearing that up, well thats Andi's choice not my to question just suprised but not suprised (money wise) to see its goning that way.

anyway ill let the thread return back to original topic sorry for the diversion

Why suprised?...in fairness g-man doesn't need to throw any money at the forum to get advertising on here..word of mouth due to quality workmanship gets him more than enough work off here I would suspect. I think it's a good thing and totaly fair that he and any others that benefit financialy from the site puts something back in, and not behind closed doors either.

EDIT-- benefitting financialy from the forum also includes those that have saved money by using info/group buys etc on here in my opinion.

Just my tuppence. :D

everyone has their own opinions etc and that’s a good one but there is good enough evidence in previous enthusiast forums across the world that’s sponsorship has affect the forums.

These points reasons and arguments where bought up in the thread im talking about previously, cant remember it exactly as it was a while ago but Im guessing someone on here would be able to find it if need be.

and this is not a dig at G-werks sponsorship as mentioned there will be other companies sponsoring this forum in future. I’m just talking about any general sponsorship for forums. But then I guess at some point of a forum’s life it needs to go in that direction.

I guess Andi's pockets can only go so deep. Sponsorship really is inevitable really if donations don't help balance out the books! :(

totaly agree hence my point about "at some point of the foums life it has to go in that direction"

anyhow i better let this return back to original topic as I dont want to start any silly thread etc I was just being curious

Thanks Daz. Killing me not having a G!!!!

Think I'm gonna do a mk1 project eventually.........