Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

oil cooler for g60

hello to all on the corrado forum im very new so sorry if anything I post has been brought up loads of times already basically I want to know the in's and outs of what an oil cooler is going to do to my g60? if it is worth it? who's the best to fit them? and whats gains do you get? hope you all can be of help cheers andy if i havent supplied you with enough info just shout and i'll let you know! cheers

hi everyone have been searching around site and found a few threads sorry for wasting time looks like g-werks can set me up with a good mocal one from looking at another thread so will get on to them will i see any engine gains from having this oil cooler? cheers andy

OK, an oil cooler is NOT going to give you any more power out of your engine... However, it will allow it to run cooler and preserve the engine internals by preventing the oil from getting too hot and breaking down... 8)

The other good thing is that you can bin the stupid heat exchanger oil cooler that's fitted as standard to G60s which can break down internally flooding the water system with oil and visa-versa making it appear you've blown the head gasket and generally screwing up your day... :|

If you're planning on keeping the car for any length of time, or modifying the car to get more power out of the engine, I'd rate this among the top 3 modifications to do and probably the one I'd do first... 8)

Stealth, G-werks, JMR and many other people supply kits, although these 3 will know exactly which bits to send you/fit so you know you're getting the correct kit for your car... Most of them are based around a MOCAL oil cooler radiator with a 90degree C thermostatic take off plate which goes in place of the existing oil cooler... a pair of MKI Golf water hoses are then required to replace the water feed/return from the old oil cooler, or a piece of copper tube can be used instead to keep the costs down... 8)

You won't get an gains from an oil cooler. It just makes the engine run, well, a little cooler! :) G60's run hot when they're stock anyway so an oil cooler is the first thing you should do before thinking about any more tuning bits.

Tidy looking car and engine bay BTW, the Borbet's look nice.

Looks like you've got yourself a Jabba rebuilt charger there.

yes it was all done before i brought the car but yes it is a r1 jabbasport charger stage 4 chip has a piper 285 cam ported and polished head jabbasport induction kit full stainless decat exhaust! I have just emailed darren from g-werks regarding the oil cooler so that should be coming after christmas Id love to get some new lights but dont really want m3 angel eyes! thanks for advice guys much appreciated do you recommend any other engine mods I am going to get the borbet dish polished and keep the middle the same too!

Personally, I'd get the charger down to Darren for a quick health check and an RS outlet to replace the charger outlet silencer box (that big black box which bolts onto the charger and tends to leak like a sieve... :roll: )

From there, I'd get a smaller pulley and an SNS stage 5.5 chip and then grin like a loony! :lol:

*edit* Ah, if it's got a 68mm pulley already, I'd just get the SNS chip which will make a nice difference over the Jabba one... 8)

I will get him to do a quick health check when I take it down to get oil cooler done but all will have to wait till after xmas as presents and going out are gonna set me back a few bar! how much was your l.s.d? thanks alot for help lads!

Nice avi Henny. I'd second the charger point. Mine was "stage 4'd" by Jabba but when JMR opened it up they hadn't replaced the exhaust end oil seal and the porting wasn't up to much either. A common problem with Jabba "rebuilds". A standard airbox would probably get you a few more ponies too. The std VAG airbox is pretty good. Also a ported manifold and downpipe or a 4-1 manifold would give you some more poke.

:offtopic1:

Real nice looking raddo there iow_corrado_g60, can't go wrong with borbet a's ....i'm sure i've seen the car before. Would look cool with all red rear lenses. 8)

p.s...make your sig pic a bit smaller dude...it's making me need to scroll across the page aswell as down :wink: :D

Hi thats my old baby, nice to see she is still going and being looked after, long time since i visited the forum nice to be back, wanting a rado again