Sign in to follow this  
joby

Battery advice Please !

My corrado is on sorn at the moment and has been for a couple of months and i have disconected the battery as it tends to run down after only two weeks and sets the alarm off much to the anoyance of the neighbors, Im a bit worried about losing the mileage on the display as i have been told if you leave it without power for a long period it loses its memory, has anyone else had this problem! Any advice please.. Cheers

AFAIK disconnecting the battery will only every loose trip millage on digital guages.
It is digital

The odo will keep its milage forever with the battery disconnected, dunno about the trip counter, but I doubt ur bothered about that!

Trip mileage is lost instantly when the power is cut. Overall mileage is retained indefinitely.

I think it's written to some kind of EPROM.

An expensive solution would be to fit an Optima battery. They can sit on a shelf for a year and retain 100% charge. I've heard of cars starting after 3 months of standing with an Optima. A normal battery won't last any where near that long.

Thanks Guys thats put my mind at rest wouldnt want to lose the mileage when its only 67000 miles