Sign in to follow this  
1Gav

6 Branch Manifolds

Has anyone got a 6 branch manifold fitted to their vr6? I'm having one fitted, but haven't heard any reviews or worries over them. Advice will be welcome, cheers.

I've got an OBX manifold fitted to my VR. Had absolutely no problems at all fitting it, quality appears to be good and it got rid of my blowing downpipe! :)

I'd be interested to see if there are any torque improvements, especially below 4000rpm!

I hear the Raceland ones are quite good for fit and finish. The OBX ones are good by the sound of it /\ too....

Well rob at ultimatune is rr before and after with the charger on so i'll see if there are any gains

Kev, remember we spoke about these things but there wasn't really too much interest to persue it, i'd like one but skint at the moment and you and H8RRA voiced up about the Raceland one!

Chris

Hi Guys

Finally got round to fitting my ready wrapped Raceland - purchased months ago from KADVR6 [cheers m8]

Many thanks to Billcor who helped me source the connector/articulation joint plate via 2 UK companies who stopped stocking them but Kam Racing pointed me direct to an english speaking guy @ Raceland who was most helpful; details to follow.

My big question : Is there a recommended orientation for the 2 spring loaded spherical joint clamp bolts?

[NB This query is not targetted at the :camp: community! :lol: ]

Agreed the lower manifold/headwashers & nuts are sods, especially the middle 2, but you can get your hand behind the manifold from the drivers side, though it is tight! Much easier with inlet/TB removed.

Hi Monkey

Have just fitted my Raceland but canot answer your query as I have not yet run it. [see thread]

I have however researched the CF and conclude that the bhp gain is limited depending on existing setup, possible low rev torque gain is possible.

However I confirm, for sure, the audible experience gain [even on the standard VR] is outstanding, especially in tunnels! :D

I've fitted a Raceland manifold on my VR, the only thing i really notice is the throttle response being a bit sharper, maybe just possibly, slightly more torque down the low revs. Not much though.