Sign in to follow this  
selbekk

Alternator feedback

Once I changed my player, I got alternator buzz and a nice big "bang" from all speakers (thru my amp) everytime I de-mute it.

I tried to re-earth the amp to the metal bracket you screw the center "pocket" (the one under the ash tray) into. There's two screw holes in it, I screwed it into one of them. Is this a good enough earth?

And could there be different reasons for this sudden distortions?

was your amp already in and you just changed the cd player? if not try running your power lead down the right hand side of the car and the other two leads RCA and remote down the left otherwise it picks up interference

And could there be different reasons for this sudden distortions?

did you make sure you removed your pants mate? :wink:

did you make sure you removed your pants mate? :wink:

Ah, I am so sure that could be the problem. I can't believe I forgot to do that. Sorry all :)

Anyways, everything worked before I changed the player, except that the player was kinda screwed up (to make it not mute, I had to push the lower right corner pretty hard. I love quality gear.)

soother, that would mean very long earths, and I've heard that ain't too good. I'll rewire this spring though, so we'll see then.

iv the same problem as you. My mate is an ice installer he was the one who told me to run all the earths to the same place and if that does not work you have a problem somewhere else good luck :lol:

heh thanks..

I think i figured out what's wrong by now, but I gotta wait until it's warmer outside, so I can pull my seats out and lay some new wires under the carpet. And re-ground my player, which is only earthed to the back support of the dash (the metal frame part, thought it was a part of the car's frame, I guess not.

thats defo the problem i proper took my whole 8v interior out an wired all the wires in together and then put plastic ties on them looked so neat and nice so happy then turned it all on and i had the worst interference ever!

hehe, yeah, that must suck, but at least you know the wiring is all right now. tips: try it out before you put everything back in (should've done that myself ;) ).

I gon get a spanner god friend of mine to do it while he's doing my electrics, which is... mother******* s***face crap**** *************, in his opinion. :)

okay, this means war:

I took a full day off to fix this sonuvabitch, and guess what... it's still there.

Well, I re-earthed my cd-deck to the center console (between a nut and a washer that's threaded onto a bolt which goes into the chassis methinks), and found a new earth point for the amp (the bolt you screw the back seat onto). I found that the rca's were a huge mess, and I tidied them up a little. I used golden terminals crimped on properly, an all new earth cable, and... I'm sure I've done some more stuff too.

what more could it be? really pi$$ed off now because I've spent the entire last two days to get the stereo ready for a road trip, and now I got a 110 db whine and a thump every time I turn on the cd-player, mute it, change song, and turn it off.

What should I do? I swear to god, I'm gonna break down and cry soon, if I can't get this to work!

just check your unit as i have had this problem with just two stereos ( one was brand new )tried everything and still no luck. but never had the troulbes in other c and they was the same year of build so i think it was something to do with the earth on car or maybe rca s as they can make a different. but make sure you have one earth in boot and one earth in front. i tend to use the one by the passenger foot well and make my own it the boot and make sure cionnections are clean as the earth will not be very good conection.

fitted the unit in a friends corsa and it worked fine

just to make sure it was the corrado and not the stereo many thansks rob

Take the rca leads out of the amp, now go for a drive. If the noise is still there than you know that you have a problem with the amp or the power/remote cables feeding it. If the whine has gone then you know your problem lies with the head unit or its wiring. I had this exact problem last year and it turned out to be a duff amp, proven by substitution. Good earths everywhere are also very important, they don't really count unless you can see shiny metal, not painted metal.

hi,

just found out I had made a small wiring mistake. My new earth turned out to not be connected to the earth after all, as I removed it and it's still working. I'll get back to you