Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

MFA keeps resetting

OK this is really starting to irritate me, my MFA keeps resetting itself, along with the clock. It's not the battery as it starts every time without a problem. It's annoying as it means have to re-set my clock every time. Always seems to be on a sunday too, though that may just be coincedence!

Any ideas?

yeah ive got the problem with my G60. The clock and the trip counter keep resetting, could be a lose wire or a fuse. I havent bothered to reset the clock as it happens everytime the ignition is turned off.

OK thanks people, I'll check when it's dry.

How comes it still works if a fuse is blown then?

Yes the dials work....the MFA has power but doesn't display the speed or anything else correctly.

Usually shows 6mpg all the time, oil and water temp shows ----, etc..only thing that seems to work on it is the trip meter.

if it's showing --- on either temp setting on the MFA (oil temp or outside temp) then the wire to the sensor is disconnected/broken or the sensor is broken/missing....

6mpg sounds like either a faulty vacuum sensor on the back of the clocks, or a slight leak on one of the vacuum lines (probably the one to the clocks)