task

lambda wiring help.

how do I connect them together? :roll:

on Lambda :

one Grey. two white . and one black. :roll:

on Loom:

one brown . one black . one violet. and one pink.. :roll:

Thanks for any help guys.

Does the probe you are removing not give any clues?

I am pretty sure the black is the signal out which is the violet, the brown probably goes to the grey. the black and pink are the heaters for the probe and I don't think it matters which way round you connect them to the 2 whites.

Gavin

Gavin

the thing that puzzles me is that the grey wire that comes out of the o2 sensor is connected to a bolt on the chasis, in what seems to be ground. the rest 3 go to the loom : 2 whites connect to the red and black and one black connect to the violet on the loom as you said, so I am left with the brown in loom not connected anywhere :roll: should there be a ground connection to the body at all? ..If any one could post a pic of the lambda connection I will appreciate it very much..

Yes thnx Ian :)

so I guess the violet is connected to the black, and the black to the grey which then connects to ground and the other two red ,brown connect to the 2 whites.

When you replace the sensor are there any codes set on the ECU that need to be cleared following fitment?

Not usually, if there was a fault on say a VR, I think that X trouble free starts would cause the code to go away. I could be wrong.

If there is a fault code stored and the probe is now working, then the ECU will recognise that and function normally.

Gavin

looking at your plug 1 wire is isolated. thats the signal

the remaining 3. 1 goes to the engine mount braket -earth.

other 2 heaters connect any way. dont get them mixed up or it may be new ecu time.

Cheers for the help guys. BTW where abouts is the Lambda sensor located? I know it is connected to the manifold but is it on the O/S or N/S?

It should be fitted in the cat, access from the right side of the car. Plug sits on the engine mount on the same side.

Gavin

Just had look - am I right in thinking it is impossible to get to the sensor from the top of the engine bay i.e. you need to jack the car up or put it on some ramps to get to it?