Sign in to follow this  
Neil VR6

Fuel leak- Common problem on G60

Having just suffered from a fuel leak near the FPR and the injector rail I have bought the parts you need to ensure peace of mind.

The part numbers are:

037 133 990 Q and...

037 133 988 Q

Also make sure you use proper fuel hose clips rather than standard jubilee clips or those rubbish spring clips that VAG tend to use on some coolant hoses.

They're specific VAG shaped pipes as the pic below shows. I tried fixing it with off-the-shelf fuel hosing but it deteriorated within a year. The VAG bit's aren't cheap (surprise surprise); best part of £70 for the two pipes.

fuelpipes.jpg

As the exhaust manifold is directly below in the fuel rail etc I thought I'd bite the bullet on this one!

Mine failed about the same time last year, and choose to do the same as you Neil.

1. Went to the stealers and asked how much?

2. Sat down quickly before they told me

3. Worked out how to tell my 2 year old boy lapland was snowed under this year and we would not be able to go.

:lol: I got the bits from John as he had them in stock (hence the "Mitchell" on the bags in the pics!). It was somewhat of a shock especially after I picked the car up from him on Saturday and handed over a cheque for £787 for a new gearbox and clutch!