Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

Lights..ARRGGHH!

Ok, so I tinted my lights not too long ago and it wasn't dark enough for me.

So I went and put on some more layers yesterday and I went out this morning and they look really w**k, what's the best way to remove tint? theres a fair few layers on there mind, Ive used sandpaper but its really scratching the surface. i want to completely remove the tint and go back to orange.

cheers

White spirit or turps?

You really need a strong paint remover that the bodyshops use,my mate managed to nick sum for me and its really good, dont know where you could buy it tho?

or punt them on ebay for £50 and buy stamdard ones for £30 and you'l have £20 beer money! lol

Did you do your back lights? Why has it gone 'w**k'? What paint did you use? Ive just bought some savage light tinting paint. Hopefully you havent got the same stuff!!

I've just done mine with the Savage tint stuff, it gets a Sh*tty looking white cloudy effect if you apply each coat of somewhere too cold/with too much moisture (ie. in a garage/outside in this weather!)!!

I sprayed mine in the garage, but quickly moved them inside after spraying and put them infront of a heater to let each coat dry.....gives a much better end result :wink:

Did you do your back lights? Why has it gone 'w**k'? What paint did you use? Ive just bought some savage light tinting paint. Hopefully you havent got the same stuff!!

Yea, I done them a while back like and they came out fine, but not dark enough for me. So I did them again in this freezing weather, and they came out turd. I got proper spray

Well nothing worked lol, so Im sat here with a tiny bolt and numb fingers scraping it off! The scratching is very light and not deep atall!

Would t-cut be a good idea on it after?

Think I used wire wool or scouring pad to get mine off, took ages, and so did tcutting all the scratches out after!