Sign in to follow this  
White2505

fancy stainless manifold.

the golf/corrado 16v engines are pretty much the same, one of the main differences is the manifold though, they 50mm on the golf giving a tad less torque but higher bhp. you can put a 50mm golf manifold onto a corrado so I dont see why this one wouldnt fit!

Oh yeah, how restrictive is the original fit? is it really that bad that something like this will genuinely give a 10% increase or is this the usual b.s.??

ah..yes... if i'd looked at the ebay ad i'd have realised that! :lol: sorry bud! still dont see why it wouldnt fit as they're essentially the same engine.

if its 'really' good and you combine it with a good exhaust and induction kit you might see 10%

i emailed the lad and asked would it clear a rhd steering column, he said it would fit.

its a replica of the supersprint one

already have a milltek and k&n in a drilled airbox.

jury is still out on the air box mod!!

as the enigne is in bits I'm trying to dot the i's and cross the t's on anything else that I should do at this point.

Because the 16v head has to flow a right angle to get the gases out it makes the head very restrictive,thats why the zorst cam has a wilder profile.

Any improvement made to the zorst side of the engine is a good 1

once my engine has been put back together after the big end failure I should be 2.0L with 42mm inlet, k&n, milltek system with supersprint type manifold, drilled airbox and mercedes injectors. figure I'll throw it at stealth for some RR time and see what the old girl gives us power wise.

After the last attempt it can only get better!!

Cool,im doin 2l soon aswell with 42 inlet, firebreather,flowed head and 2 zorst cams.Will go back to stealth in new year

Cool,im doin 2l soon aswell with 42 inlet, firebreather,flowed head and 2 zorst cams.Will go back to stealth in new year

You better not get more than 162 BHP or I'll have to do some more to mine. I'm starting feel like my valver is a bit weedy.

Golf folks have been hitting 180 to 200 bhp on sock cast manifolds, I found better mid range pickup but would estimate only 5bhp top end with the 4 branch?

You better not get more than 162 BHP or I'll have to do some more to mine. I'm starting feel like my valver is a bit weedy.

Without being big headed,im bound to make more as i would of fitted a flowed head and 2l since my 162bhp run with the 1.8!, hoping for 185ish bhp

Without being big headed,im bound to make more as i would of fitted a flowed head and 2l since my 162bhp run with the 1.8!, hoping for 185ish bhp

Yep, you'll be pretty dissapointed if you don't, but I'm quite sure you'll see 170bhp - 185bhp. Looking forward to reading about it.

Depends on the rollers too, mine was at the CF rolling road day at Advantage in Essex, Crazymarcel's VR6 was quoted as having 10 bhp more by stealth than what he got at Advantage, so maybe mine would've been around 170bhp at stealth. I'm going to be doing some work on the throttle body soon, and playing with different ignition timing settings. I've already advanced the timing a little and noticed an improvement.

Well the manifold turned up today and it looked very nice indeed, good quality welds etc. won't know what the fit is like for a couple of weeks as the block is still at the engineering company after it went bang!

will let you know but at the moment it looks like a good deal for £150

Golf folks have been hitting 180 to 200 bhp on sock cast manifolds, I found better mid range pickup but would estimate only 5bhp top end with the 4 branch?

180 - 185 possible on stock manifold,, 200 you will defo need a four branch,,

as you say you gain a good amount of mid range torque with one of these manifolds,,