Sign in to follow this  
PaulG40

Bad smell after fitting new matrix

Right guys just fit my new heater matrix, just making sure anyone else who has done this got the same horrible smell from it the first time you used it? not a nice smell suppose the other thing is the ducts will still be full of crap from when it blew in the first place. Hope it goes away quick.

yeah they have a load of crap on the matrix to stop it rusting in storage that needs to burn off. oh and the crap in the vents like you say mate! glad shes coming along nicely did you see those azevs in the for sale section?

Sure did! wish I had that pay out money now from the G40 cos I'd buy them asap.

The fan has just given up the ghost completely now as it does'nt even work on speed 4 but will go and buy a new one tomorrow. Also got the sunroof down properly, the mechanism has totally snapped so need new parts for it but other than that it's all good!

your supposed to clean em up with carb cleaner before fitting...theyre oiled up for storage ...prob take a while to burn off

Didn't get any smells from my new Matrix. It was a VW one and wasn't coated in anything. Shouldn't really need oiling as it's aluminium.

Did you clean all the leaves and things out from the bottom of the matrix housing? There was loads of them in mine, all damp and minging....that might be what the smell could be, the matrix is cooking them!