Sign in to follow this  
jekvr6

is it worth having the vr6 flywheel balanced ?????

doing the chains and clutch and thought i would get the flywheel balanced the local engine builders only charge £40.00 but is it worth it ????????

For £40 it's probably a good idea as you can get to it easily and a new clutch is going in... is that Scholar engines in Eye?

Are you getting it lightend? bear in mind that new flywheels are less than a ton from VW...

yer it scholar its only 5 mins down the road from me hadnt ask not details about what they can do to it they just said what they can do do costs 40.00

Yeah I rang Scholar about that too, they could take a few lbs off the standard VR one and balance it aswell for £75 all in. I didn't in the end and just paid that for a brand new one.

Might look at a lightened one when the box is next off though as I hear they make a big difference to how quickly the engine spins up.

Mine has a slightly lightened flywheel and it seems to rev up very nicely. Absolutely no down sides to it at all. I was a little worried about doing it, but its superb. The only time you get running problems is with a very light one.

Jay